I want to change my own spark plug's i want to change my own spark plug's
24 Jun, 2012
Need a faster answer?
- Locate the spark plug cables along the top or the sides of the engine, depending on CR-V model. Once the engine cools, use the trim panel tool to twist the spark plug wire at the wire's boot, which is the larger rubber portion located on top of the spark plug.
- 2Pull back on the spark plug wire to remove it from the spark plug.
- Place the socket on top of the spark plug and turn it counter-clockwise to unscrew and remove the spark plug from the well.
- 4Rub anti-seize lubricant onto the new spark plug threads and on the tip of the spark plug.
- 5Insert the new spark plug into the well. Manually turn the plug clockwise to thread the spark plug into place.
- 6Test the tension on the plug with the tension testing tool. Adjust the tension as needed. Honda CR-V spark plugs generally need a tension between 10 and 15 foot pounds. The spark plug's packaging indicates its suggested tension.
- 7Replace the spark plug wire, turn it from side to side and lock it into place. Continue the process with the rest of the spark plugs one at a time until all of the spark plugs are replaced.
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Instant Mechanic Help
over the Phone or Video
Get Instant Help
Save hundreds of $$$