Everything you need to know about Contacting WinZip
WinZip is a famous tool used to extract, archive, and compress files. It is a shareware file archiver for Windows, macOS, iOS & Android. Given the technicalities and a large user base, WinZip receives many customer requests daily.
Best methods to contact WinZip
- WinZip offers limited customer service assistance. The on-call support is available from Monday-Friday(9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST). Dial 860-429-3542 to get in touch with a WinZip rep.
- The support team also offers email-based support to users. You can email the team at email@example.com.
Contacting WinZip Customer Service Here are some common reasons for people to call WinZip customer support:
- Renewing/ Purchasing subscription
- Registering your account
- Technical assistance
Tips for contacting WinZip Customer Service
To ensure a productive call with WinZip, follow the steps below:
- Check out WinZip’s help page and read the information carefully.
- Gather all the relevant documents like invoices, order details, etc.
- Have your notepad ready to jot down important points for future reference.
- If you are seeking technical assistance, keep your mobile or PC handy. It’s best to use a different device to call.
Customer reactions to contacting WinZip Customer Service
The user reviews are mostly positive and satisfactory. However, some users seem disappointed with unavailability of different support methods to contact WinZip.
Issues resolved by WinZip Customer Service
- Billing-related issues
- Technical assistance with the application
- Questions regarding renewal
Contact with WinZip unsuccessful? Follow the steps below
- Take notes in your call with the representative. If the call hangs up, go through the notes, and re-contact customer support. The information jotted may assist you to explain your concern and help your issue resolve faster.
- The training and experience of a customer representative can make a huge difference when it comes to customer satisfaction. If your first call didn't go well, dial again. A different representative may understand your concerns and get your issue resolved.
- Check out WinZip's website and try the email support option. This will ensure you get a record of your chat transcripts useful for further escalation of your case.
Contacting Winzip support or customer service
Winzip customer support and customer service can be contacted via phone, email, and chat. Like most companies, Winzip uses Call
centers manned by agents to answer their customer inquiries. These call centers are located throughout the US and in many cases also India, the Philippines, and other
foreign countries. Winzip customer support agents receive basic training to support Winzip products and services, and have access
to customer information, purchase history, and prior customer support inquiries.
In order to answer customer inquiries, Winzip support agents have templated and scripted answers to common questions. If Winzip
agents do not know how to answer specific customer questions, they usually consult a supervisor who received further training.
Since Winzip can hire a limited number of support agents in any given time, often customers have to wait on hold until one of the agent is available to
take their call. To handle surges in incoming customer support calls, Winzip uses Interactive Voice Response Systems (IVR’s) to handle large volume of
incoming customer calls. That is one of the reasons why often customers need to wait on hold and talk to automated systems before speaking to a human representative.
How is getting help from 6YA different from Winzip?
6YA is a service that connects users who need technical or repair help with a professional Expert over the phone or video. All 6YA Experts have real repair experience and
are located throughout the US. The idea behind 6YA is to connect consumers at need with a real technician who is getting paid to take their call. Unlike
Winzip, 6YA Experts are independent contractors who do not have any access to Winzip customer information or purchases.
While 6YA Experts can provide effective help on any Winzip product or service, they do not have access to your Winzip account and
can’t assist with billing, or any non technical issue you have with Winzip.
Since 6YA is using a proprietary technology that’s connecting you to Experts in seconds, you will never be placed on hold or talk to virtual response systems. We believe
that 6YA Experts can provide professional and unbiased help, which will often be more effective than the scripted and templated answers from Winzip
What is 6YA’s relationship with Winzip?
6YA and Winzip are not related. While 6YA Experts can provide help and support on most Winzip products and services, the two
companies are not related. 6YA was created because we believe that in many cases, real professionals with years of hands on experience fixing and resolving technical issues
can provide better help than call center agents that use virtual answering services and scripted responses.
6YA is able to connect you to a repair Expert in seconds through the robust technology it created. We use several algorithms to identify the best Expert who can assist with
your particular issue, get them on the phone, and then connect you so you are never placed on hold. We strongly believe that customers who encounter technical challenges or
issues operating their products should not endure more stress and friction before getting help. On the other hand, there are so many professional repairmen with decades of
experience who can help so many customers such as yourself and generate extra cash along the way.
Our mission is to help people solve everyday problems by using technology to simplify our lives rather than add more friction.