Everything you need to know about Contacting TurboTax
TurboTax sells tax preparation software and other services related to online tax preparations. It prides itself in being one of the best online tax preparation and software companies in the world and thus receives numerous support requests every day.
Best methods to contact TurboTax
TurboTax offers various methods for users to get in touch with customer support. In total, there are three approved ways to contact TurboTax.
- TurboTax offers a toll-free number for users across the globe to get in touch with the support team. Dial 888-777-3066. The average waiting time is 89 minutes.
- TurboTax’s Online help desk is also available to users. You can contact the help desk via turbotax.intuit.com.
- Follow the given link to start live chat with one of the TurboTax agents: https://turbotax.intuit.com/support/contact/
Calling TurboTax Customer Support
Here are some common reasons for people to call TurboTax customer support:
- Seeking advice on selecting tax preparation packages
- Questions regarding tax return submission status
- Technical assistance
- Reporting hacking
- Assisting customers with tax filing
Tips for calling TurboTax Customer Service
- Have your notepad ready to jot down important points for future reference.
- Keep all the appropriate information handy. Like the invoice, account number, previous year’s tax returns, billing statements, order confirmation emails, and any sort of communication between TurboTax and yourself.
- If you require technical assistance, keep your device handy to troubleshoot along with the agent on call.
- Take notes during the call. You might need them.
Customer reactions to calling TurboTax Customer Service
As per our research to date, we haven’t found many complaints regarding TurboTax’s assistance service. Customers are satisfied with the response received.
Issues resolved by a TurboTax Customer Service representative
- Technical assistance
- Advising customers with packages available
- Billing issues
- Handling hacked accounts
- Checking submitted tax returns status
Issues that can’t be resolved by TurboTax Customer Service
A TurboTax rep might not help you out in the following cases:
- Advice on tax disputes
- Issues that require third-party interference including contacting the manufacture or using a different device
Call with TurboTax unsuccessful? Follow the steps below
If you don’t feel satisfied with the response received, don't worry. You can still follow these steps for a better result next time:
- Review your notes. Pick out any areas of misunderstanding.
- Call back. Everyone has different expertise and levels of training. The second rep might be more responsive and quick in resolving the issue.
- You can also request support through an online form.
- Social media is a good place to direct message the specialists to discuss your issue. In this way, you can also keep a record of your communication.
- TurboTax’s online forum is another way to find experienced users who may help you.
Contacting Turbotax support or customer service
Turbotax customer support and customer service can be contacted via phone, email, and chat. Like most companies, Turbotax uses Call
centers manned by agents to answer their customer inquiries. These call centers are located throughout the US and in many cases also India, the Philippines, and other
foreign countries. Turbotax customer support agents receive basic training to support Turbotax products and services, and have access
to customer information, purchase history, and prior customer support inquiries.
In order to answer customer inquiries, Turbotax support agents have templated and scripted answers to common questions. If Turbotax
agents do not know how to answer specific customer questions, they usually consult a supervisor who received further training.
Since Turbotax can hire a limited number of support agents in any given time, often customers have to wait on hold until one of the agent is available to
take their call. To handle surges in incoming customer support calls, Turbotax uses Interactive Voice Response Systems (IVR’s) to handle large volume of
incoming customer calls. That is one of the reasons why often customers need to wait on hold and talk to automated systems before speaking to a human representative.
How is getting help from 6YA different from Turbotax?
6YA is a service that connects users who need technical or repair help with a professional Expert over the phone or video. All 6YA Experts have real repair experience and
are located throughout the US. The idea behind 6YA is to connect consumers at need with a real technician who is getting paid to take their call. Unlike
Turbotax, 6YA Experts are independent contractors who do not have any access to Turbotax customer information or purchases.
While 6YA Experts can provide effective help on any Turbotax product or service, they do not have access to your Turbotax account and
can’t assist with billing, or any non technical issue you have with Turbotax.
Since 6YA is using a proprietary technology that’s connecting you to Experts in seconds, you will never be placed on hold or talk to virtual response systems. We believe
that 6YA Experts can provide professional and unbiased help, which will often be more effective than the scripted and templated answers from Turbotax
What is 6YA’s relationship with Turbotax?
6YA and Turbotax are not related. While 6YA Experts can provide help and support on most Turbotax products and services, the two
companies are not related. 6YA was created because we believe that in many cases, real professionals with years of hands on experience fixing and resolving technical issues
can provide better help than call center agents that use virtual answering services and scripted responses.
6YA is able to connect you to a repair Expert in seconds through the robust technology it created. We use several algorithms to identify the best Expert who can assist with
your particular issue, get them on the phone, and then connect you so you are never placed on hold. We strongly believe that customers who encounter technical challenges or
issues operating their products should not endure more stress and friction before getting help. On the other hand, there are so many professional repairmen with decades of
experience who can help so many customers such as yourself and generate extra cash along the way.
Our mission is to help people solve everyday problems by using technology to simplify our lives rather than add more friction.