Everything you need to know about contacting Thumbtack
Thumbtack is an online platform that connects users with local professionals such as DJs, plumbers and event organizers. Headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack receives lots of customer support requests every day.
Best Methods to Contact Thumbtack
Thumbtack offers various methods for customers to get in touch with their support team. In total, there are two ways to contact Thumbtack. These include:
- Thumbtack offers a toll-free number for users to get in touch with a team rep. The first best way to contact Thumbtack is dialing 866-501-5809. An alternate number is 800-343-1710.
- The next efficient way to seek support from Thumbtack will be to mail them at their official mail address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calling Thumbtack Customer Support
Here are some common reasons for people to call Thumbtack customer support:
- Account set-up
- Account access issues
- Tech support
- Understanding the working of various features
- Reporting a problem
- Help with troubleshooting problems
Tips to ensure an effective call with Thumbtack
You can ensure a productive call with Thumbtack and get your issues resolved in no time with the following tips:
- It's always advisable to have proper information before you dial Thumbtack. Make sure you dial the correct number.
- Keep important information like account number, product details, invoice etc handy
- Have your notepad ready so that you can jot down important points for future reference.
User Reactions To Calling Thumbtack Customer Service
Except a few, most users seem content with the service provided. Users appreciate having different phone numbers for contacting Thumbtack.
Issues resolved by Thumbtack Customer Service
Thumbtack customer service provides effective solutions to a lot of questions. These include account access, technical support, troubleshooting, and concerns about privacy and security.
What Can't Be Resolved by Phone with Thumbtack Customer Service?
- Thumbtack is not accountable for device incompatibility. If Thumbtack isn’t compatible with your device you need to take that up with your device’s customer support or a repair center.
- In instances of conflict between the users over payment issues, Thumbtack may not intervene. It is better if both parties can resolve the situation without mediator assistance.
Thumbtack's call Unsuccessful? Follow the steps below!
There are cases where your call may drop or the issue persists, don't worry. There are still options:
- Take notes in your call with the representative. If the call hangs up, go through the notes. The information jotted may assist you to explain your concern thoroughly and help your issue resolve faster.
- Re-dial customer service. Different service agents have different levels of training, knowledge and experience. If your first call felt unsatisfactory, try again. The next person may be able to help you.
- If the call feels unsatisfactory, fire up an email to the customer support email id.
Contacting Thumbtack.com support or customer service
Thumbtack.com customer support and customer service can be contacted via phone, email, and chat. Like most companies, Thumbtack.com uses Call
centers manned by agents to answer their customer inquiries. These call centers are located throughout the US and in many cases also India, the Philippines, and other
foreign countries. Thumbtack.com customer support agents receive basic training to support Thumbtack.com products and services, and have access
to customer information, purchase history, and prior customer support inquiries.
In order to answer customer inquiries, Thumbtack.com support agents have templated and scripted answers to common questions. If Thumbtack.com
agents do not know how to answer specific customer questions, they usually consult a supervisor who received further training.
Since Thumbtack.com can hire a limited number of support agents in any given time, often customers have to wait on hold until one of the agent is available to
take their call. To handle surges in incoming customer support calls, Thumbtack.com uses Interactive Voice Response Systems (IVR’s) to handle large volume of
incoming customer calls. That is one of the reasons why often customers need to wait on hold and talk to automated systems before speaking to a human representative.
How is getting help from 6YA different from Thumbtack.com?
6YA is a service that connects users who need technical or repair help with a professional Expert over the phone or video. All 6YA Experts have real repair experience and
are located throughout the US. The idea behind 6YA is to connect consumers at need with a real technician who is getting paid to take their call. Unlike
Thumbtack.com, 6YA Experts are independent contractors who do not have any access to Thumbtack.com customer information or purchases.
While 6YA Experts can provide effective help on any Thumbtack.com product or service, they do not have access to your Thumbtack.com account and
can’t assist with billing, or any non technical issue you have with Thumbtack.com.
Since 6YA is using a proprietary technology that’s connecting you to Experts in seconds, you will never be placed on hold or talk to virtual response systems. We believe
that 6YA Experts can provide professional and unbiased help, which will often be more effective than the scripted and templated answers from Thumbtack.com
What is 6YA’s relationship with Thumbtack.com?
6YA and Thumbtack.com are not related. While 6YA Experts can provide help and support on most Thumbtack.com products and services, the two
companies are not related. 6YA was created because we believe that in many cases, real professionals with years of hands on experience fixing and resolving technical issues
can provide better help than call center agents that use virtual answering services and scripted responses.
6YA is able to connect you to a repair Expert in seconds through the robust technology it created. We use several algorithms to identify the best Expert who can assist with
your particular issue, get them on the phone, and then connect you so you are never placed on hold. We strongly believe that customers who encounter technical challenges or
issues operating their products should not endure more stress and friction before getting help. On the other hand, there are so many professional repairmen with decades of
experience who can help so many customers such as yourself and generate extra cash along the way.
Our mission is to help people solve everyday problems by using technology to simplify our lives rather than add more friction.