Snapchat is a multimedia messaging app popular among users for its filters and video messages. Snapchat receives a large number of customer service requests every day.
Best methods to contact Snapchat
- Snapchat does not offer phone-based customer service. Instead, customers must fill up an online form or complete the in-app support request form to notify the support team of their respective concerns.
- Snapchat’s online help desk is also available to users. You can contact the help desk via support.snapchat.com and expect a reply within 51 hours of your initial message.
Contacting Snapchat Customer Support
There are various reasons for customers to contact Snapchat customer service. These include:
- Setting up, changing, or canceling a Snapchat account
- Technical assistance
- Reporting inappropriate content
- Copyright violations
- Assistance with hacked accounts
Tips for Contacting Snapchat Customer Service
- Have realistic expectations. Snapchat relies on advertising revenue. They might not have enough time to hear everyone’s request unless they are specific and need immediate attention. So, you better wait for a response patiently.
- Prior to filling up the support form, assemble all the important documents relevant to your case. You should also download electronic content, scan hardcopy documents, and take relevant screenshots, beforehand.
- Start the support process attentively and follow the segments in the support section. By doing so you can ensure support from an experienced customer service rep or someone familiar with the issue.
- Follow the instructions carefully. Attach all the relevant documents. Keep a record of documents.
User Reactions to Contacting Snapchat Customer Service
The users understand that it's unrealistic for a platform like Snapchat to provide call center service. However, most consumers are unsatisfied with the lack of real-time communication. Overall, we have received mixed responses from users. Some are highly content with the support whilst others are in a state of frustration.
Issues resolved by a Snapchat Customer Service Representative
Some of the issues resolved by Snapchat customer service representatives include:
- Assistance in setting up and canceling accounts
- Technical assistance
- Helping in billing issues
- Reporting inappropriate content
Issues that cannot be resolved by a Snapchat Customer Service
The customer service reps try their best to resolve user issues. However, there are some issues that cannot be resolved by Snapchat agents. For e.g. incompatibility of the Snapchat app with the user device. You must try and resolve the issue yourself or use Snapchat through a different device.
Contact with Snapchat Unsuccessful? Follow the steps below
- Analyze your original request and the response received. There might be miscommunication that could have halted your conversation.
- Then, write back. Acknowledge misunderstanding (if any). Attach additional documents relevant to your case.
- You can also contact other Snapchat users through social media networks and find ways to resolve your issue.
Contacting Snapchat support or customer service
Snapchat customer support and customer service can be contacted via phone, email, and chat. Like most companies, Snapchat uses Call
centers manned by agents to answer their customer inquiries. These call centers are located throughout the US and in many cases also India, the Philippines, and other
foreign countries. Snapchat customer support agents receive basic training to support Snapchat products and services, and have access
to customer information, purchase history, and prior customer support inquiries.
In order to answer customer inquiries, Snapchat support agents have templated and scripted answers to common questions. If Snapchat
agents do not know how to answer specific customer questions, they usually consult a supervisor who received further training.
Since Snapchat can hire a limited number of support agents in any given time, often customers have to wait on hold until one of the agent is available to
take their call. To handle surges in incoming customer support calls, Snapchat uses Interactive Voice Response Systems (IVR’s) to handle large volume of
incoming customer calls. That is one of the reasons why often customers need to wait on hold and talk to automated systems before speaking to a human representative.
How is getting help from 6YA different from Snapchat?
6YA is a service that connects users who need technical or repair help with a professional Expert over the phone or video. All 6YA Experts have real repair experience and
are located throughout the US. The idea behind 6YA is to connect consumers at need with a real technician who is getting paid to take their call. Unlike
Snapchat, 6YA Experts are independent contractors who do not have any access to Snapchat customer information or purchases.
While 6YA Experts can provide effective help on any Snapchat product or service, they do not have access to your Snapchat account and
can’t assist with billing, or any non technical issue you have with Snapchat.
Since 6YA is using a proprietary technology that’s connecting you to Experts in seconds, you will never be placed on hold or talk to virtual response systems. We believe
that 6YA Experts can provide professional and unbiased help, which will often be more effective than the scripted and templated answers from Snapchat
What is 6YA’s relationship with Snapchat?
6YA and Snapchat are not related. While 6YA Experts can provide help and support on most Snapchat products and services, the two
companies are not related. 6YA was created because we believe that in many cases, real professionals with years of hands on experience fixing and resolving technical issues
can provide better help than call center agents that use virtual answering services and scripted responses.
6YA is able to connect you to a repair Expert in seconds through the robust technology it created. We use several algorithms to identify the best Expert who can assist with
your particular issue, get them on the phone, and then connect you so you are never placed on hold. We strongly believe that customers who encounter technical challenges or
issues operating their products should not endure more stress and friction before getting help. On the other hand, there are so many professional repairmen with decades of
experience who can help so many customers such as yourself and generate extra cash along the way.
Our mission is to help people solve everyday problems by using technology to simplify our lives rather than add more friction.