Everything you need to know about contacting Polycom
Polycom Inc., now a part of Plantronics Inc., is a US-based MNC. Developing video, voice and content collaboration and communication technology, Polycom receives lots of customer support requests every day.
Best Methods to Contact Polycom
Polycom offers various methods for customers to get in touch with their support team. In total, there are two ways to contact Polycom. These include:
- Polycom offers a toll-free number for users to get in touch with a team rep. The best way to contact Polycom is dialing +1 800-765-9266.
- The support team also offers online help desks and community forums to users for detailed conversations and complex issues. You can check out http://www.polycom.com/company/about-us/contact-us.html
Calling Polycom Customer Support
Here are some common reasons for people to call Polycom customer support:
- Account set-up trivia
- Account access issues
- Tech support
- Understanding the working of various features
- Repair requests
- Help with troubleshooting problems
Tips to ensure an effective call with Polycom
- Make sure to gather documents that support your case. This may include screenshots of previous correspondences, account details or error messages.
- Contact customer service and explain your concern.
- If you are facing technical issues, call only when you're near your device. It’s advisable to use a different device to call.
User Reactions To Calling Polycom Customer Service
Polycom generally provides user-friendly customer assistance. But a company this large is bound to receive both criticism and appreciation for its services.
Issues resolved by Polycom Customer Service
Customer service agents can resolve most customer issues. They settle doubts regarding account access, technical support, and troubleshooting.
What Can't Be Resolved by Phone with Polycom Customer Service?
Polycom is not accountable for device incompatibility. If a Polycom product isn’t compatible with your third-party device you need to take that up with your device’s customer support or a repair center.
Polycom's call Unsuccessful? Follow the steps below
If your call drops or the issue persists, don't worry. There are still options:
- Take notes in your call with the representative. If the call hangs up, go through the notes, and re-contact customer support. The information jotted may assist you to explain your concern thoroughly and help your issue resolve faster.
- Different service agents have different levels of training, knowledge and experience. If your first call felt unsatisfactory, try again. The next person may be able to get you the desired results.
- Try reaching out to Polycom’s help forum. This option will ensure you get a record of your chat transcripts, useful for future reference.
Contacting Polycom support or customer service
Polycom customer support and customer service can be contacted via phone, email, and chat. Like most companies, Polycom uses Call
centers manned by agents to answer their customer inquiries. These call centers are located throughout the US and in many cases also India, the Philippines, and other
foreign countries. Polycom customer support agents receive basic training to support Polycom products and services, and have access
to customer information, purchase history, and prior customer support inquiries.
In order to answer customer inquiries, Polycom support agents have templated and scripted answers to common questions. If Polycom
agents do not know how to answer specific customer questions, they usually consult a supervisor who received further training.
Since Polycom can hire a limited number of support agents in any given time, often customers have to wait on hold until one of the agent is available to
take their call. To handle surges in incoming customer support calls, Polycom uses Interactive Voice Response Systems (IVR’s) to handle large volume of
incoming customer calls. That is one of the reasons why often customers need to wait on hold and talk to automated systems before speaking to a human representative.
How is getting help from 6YA different from Polycom?
6YA is a service that connects users who need technical or repair help with a professional Expert over the phone or video. All 6YA Experts have real repair experience and
are located throughout the US. The idea behind 6YA is to connect consumers at need with a real technician who is getting paid to take their call. Unlike
Polycom, 6YA Experts are independent contractors who do not have any access to Polycom customer information or purchases.
While 6YA Experts can provide effective help on any Polycom product or service, they do not have access to your Polycom account and
can’t assist with billing, or any non technical issue you have with Polycom.
Since 6YA is using a proprietary technology that’s connecting you to Experts in seconds, you will never be placed on hold or talk to virtual response systems. We believe
that 6YA Experts can provide professional and unbiased help, which will often be more effective than the scripted and templated answers from Polycom
What is 6YA’s relationship with Polycom?
6YA and Polycom are not related. While 6YA Experts can provide help and support on most Polycom products and services, the two
companies are not related. 6YA was created because we believe that in many cases, real professionals with years of hands on experience fixing and resolving technical issues
can provide better help than call center agents that use virtual answering services and scripted responses.
6YA is able to connect you to a repair Expert in seconds through the robust technology it created. We use several algorithms to identify the best Expert who can assist with
your particular issue, get them on the phone, and then connect you so you are never placed on hold. We strongly believe that customers who encounter technical challenges or
issues operating their products should not endure more stress and friction before getting help. On the other hand, there are so many professional repairmen with decades of
experience who can help so many customers such as yourself and generate extra cash along the way.
Our mission is to help people solve everyday problems by using technology to simplify our lives rather than add more friction.