Everything you need to know about contacting Ooma
Ooma is a US-based publicly traded telecommunications company. Offering various communications services like Voice over IP calling for business, home and mobile users, Ooma receives lots of customer support requests every day.
Best Methods to Contact Ooma
Ooma offers various methods for customers to get in touch with their support team. In total, there are three ways to contact Ooma. These include:
- Ooma offers toll-free numbers for users to get in touch with a team rep. The best way to contact Ooma is dialing 866-452-6662. An alternate number is 888-711-6662.
- Ooma provides a live-chat support feature available to users at http://ooma1.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch.
- The support team also offers online help desks and community forums to users for detailed conversations and complex issues. You can check out http://www.ooma.com/company/contact
Calling Ooma Customer Support
Here are some common reasons for people to call Ooma customer support:
- Billing and payment issues
- Text support
- Buying, modifying or canceling services
- Seeking details about services
- Requesting refund
- Help with troubleshooting problems
Tips to ensure an effective call with Ooma
You can ensure a productive call with Ooma and get your issues resolved in no time with the following tips:
- Keep all the product-related information handy. Like the invoice, warranty etc.
- Have your notepad ready so that you can jot down important points for future reference.
- Some remote diagnostics work best if you're not using the device for the call. It is advisable to use another phone or computer to connect with the representative.
User Reactions To Calling Ooma Customer Service
Ooma ensures user-friendly customer assistance and effective resolution of problems. Except a few, most users seem content with the service provided.
Issues resolved by Ooma Customer Service
Customer service reps provide optimal solutions to numerous issues like invoice queries, service modifications, technical assistance and purchasing new services etc.
What Can't Be Resolved by Phone with Ooma Customer Service?
- Ooma is not responsible for incompatibility with outdated versions of devices. You will have to contact the customer support team of your respective device in such cases.
- If you are facing trouble connecting, communicate with your ISP. Please note the internet provider can only help you if your devices are compatible with Ooma.
Ooma's call Unsuccessful? Follow the steps below
There are cases where your call may drop or the issue persists, don't worry. There are still options:
- Take notes in your call with the representative. If the call hangs up, go through the notes, and re-contact customer support. The information jotted may assist you to explain your concern thoroughly and help your issue resolve faster.
- Different service agents have different levels of training, knowledge and experience. If your first call felt unsatisfactory, try again. The next person may help you.
- Ooma also provides a live chat option for users who feel unsatisfied with phone-based support. This method provides you with a record of transcripts for future reference and documentation.
- If the problem persists, try contacting Ooma's help forum.
Contacting Ooma support or customer service
Ooma customer support and customer service can be contacted via phone, email, and chat. Like most companies, Ooma uses Call
centers manned by agents to answer their customer inquiries. These call centers are located throughout the US and in many cases also India, the Philippines, and other
foreign countries. Ooma customer support agents receive basic training to support Ooma products and services, and have access
to customer information, purchase history, and prior customer support inquiries.
In order to answer customer inquiries, Ooma support agents have templated and scripted answers to common questions. If Ooma
agents do not know how to answer specific customer questions, they usually consult a supervisor who received further training.
Since Ooma can hire a limited number of support agents in any given time, often customers have to wait on hold until one of the agent is available to
take their call. To handle surges in incoming customer support calls, Ooma uses Interactive Voice Response Systems (IVR’s) to handle large volume of
incoming customer calls. That is one of the reasons why often customers need to wait on hold and talk to automated systems before speaking to a human representative.
How is getting help from 6YA different from Ooma?
6YA is a service that connects users who need technical or repair help with a professional Expert over the phone or video. All 6YA Experts have real repair experience and
are located throughout the US. The idea behind 6YA is to connect consumers at need with a real technician who is getting paid to take their call. Unlike
Ooma, 6YA Experts are independent contractors who do not have any access to Ooma customer information or purchases.
While 6YA Experts can provide effective help on any Ooma product or service, they do not have access to your Ooma account and
can’t assist with billing, or any non technical issue you have with Ooma.
Since 6YA is using a proprietary technology that’s connecting you to Experts in seconds, you will never be placed on hold or talk to virtual response systems. We believe
that 6YA Experts can provide professional and unbiased help, which will often be more effective than the scripted and templated answers from Ooma
What is 6YA’s relationship with Ooma?
6YA and Ooma are not related. While 6YA Experts can provide help and support on most Ooma products and services, the two
companies are not related. 6YA was created because we believe that in many cases, real professionals with years of hands on experience fixing and resolving technical issues
can provide better help than call center agents that use virtual answering services and scripted responses.
6YA is able to connect you to a repair Expert in seconds through the robust technology it created. We use several algorithms to identify the best Expert who can assist with
your particular issue, get them on the phone, and then connect you so you are never placed on hold. We strongly believe that customers who encounter technical challenges or
issues operating their products should not endure more stress and friction before getting help. On the other hand, there are so many professional repairmen with decades of
experience who can help so many customers such as yourself and generate extra cash along the way.
Our mission is to help people solve everyday problems by using technology to simplify our lives rather than add more friction.