Lyft is a rideshare company, operating in the United States and Canada. With a particularly significant presence in the U.S., hundreds of riders contact Lyft daily.
Best methods to contact Lyft
Unfortunately, Lyft’s only available customer support method is their help desk. The Online help desk is available to users for a detailed conversation regarding complex issues. You can contact the help desk via lyft.com. The average time to fix issues is 38 hours.
Calling Lyft Customer Support
There are various reasons for which riders call Lyft Customer Support. Some of them include:
- Routine driver concerns such as late rides, rude drivers
- Technical assistance
- To inquire about rides in a specific area
- Service charges
Although Lyft offers a calling service to its customers, you might not be able to reach them directly.
Tips for calling Lyft Customer Support
Since Lyft doesn't provide exclusive phone-based customer services, you can seek support through their app by answering some basic questions.
However, if you do have a serious safety issue, you can enter your mobile number through the app and the Lyft team will get in touch at their earliest convenience. In emergencies, the Lyft app also has an in-car safety feature that directly connects you with ADT security professionals, who then can contact 911.
Rider experiences with Lyft Customer Support
Several users have expressed their discontent openly with Lyft’s decision to not offer phone-based customer assistance. Most find email-based services unsupportive. Moreover, several media outlets and regular users have accused Lyft's reps of scripted responses.
However, things are changing with time and Lyft is working hard to ensure a clean image among users.
Issues addressed by the Phone-Based Customer Service
Lyft offers phone-based customer service in special circumstances only. If you sense danger around you, from either the driver or the vehicle, contact 911 immediately. Make sure you demand a callback from Lyft to explain the whole incident so the company may ensure proper functioning the next time.
Lyft ensures the resolution of general customer issues through Lyft's app-based customer service. These include:
- General questions
- Driver complaints
- Credit card disputes
Unsatisfied with Lyft's customer service call? Here’s what you can do next
If somehow, you feel disappointed with Lyft's support group response, you can still opt for different ways to address your issue.
- Safety is a must for everyone. You can contact law enforcement in your area if you feel that the public’s safety is being compromised.
- Everyone has different expertise and training. If you feel the first representative couldn’t help you, you can always call again. The second representative might be able to help you properly.
- Opt for text-based communication or contact Lyft through social media. Social media specialists are generally more responsive.
- You can also write and send postal mails to the company. Postal mails are an effective way of showing severity of an issue. Although the idea sounds a little time-consuming, it might help you professionally resolve your issues.
- If you feel Lyft is not cooperating, you can always file a complaint to the respective government agency in your area (if there are any) and with enough complaints, it might result in Lyft getting into action.