Everything you need to know about Contacting Kindle
Kindle is a series of e-reads designed and marketed by Amazon. With over 90 million purchases and 6 million e-books, Kindle is considered one of the most sought-after services. With an enormous customer reach, it isn’t surprising that Kindle receives many customer support requests daily.
Best methods to contact Kindle
Kindle offers limited ways for users to get in touch with customer support. It offers a toll-free number for users across the globe to get in touch with the support team. Dial 866-321-8851. The phone-based customer service is available 24/7. The average waiting time is 1 minute.
Calling Kindle customer service
There are various reasons for people to call Kindle Customer Support. These include:
- Technical assistance with user device, app, or e-books
- Requesting repairs under warranty
- Billing and subscription issues
- Assistance with using Kindle or operating the Amazon website
- Questions regarding device features
- Help with lost or stolen devices
- Requesting refunds for accidental purchases
Tips for calling Kindle Customer Service
For an effective and productive call, follow the steps below:
- If you are calling Kindle directly, you must acknowledge a verification text before proceeding with the call.
- To avoid waiting on hold, you can request a call back from customer support. Visit the Amazon Kindle website for more help.
- Keep necessary information such as order number, any form of prior communication with the rep. You may be asked to produce these on call.
- Keep your device handy if you face technical issues. You’ll be able to troubleshoot with the agent on call.
- Take notes during the conversation. You may want to refer to these later on.
Customer reactions to calling Kindle Customer Service
Amazon Kindle is known for its excellent customer service. They have resolved many user issues professionally. Users have received credits for future purchases in case immediate actions weren’t taken by Kindle reps. Customers are generally satisfied with Kindle’s customer service.
Issues resolved by Kindle Customer Service
- Researching charges
- Refunding accidental purchases
- Basic troubleshooting of devices, apps, and e-books
- Subscription issues
- Billing issues
- Technical assistance
- Assistance with using the device
Issues that can’t be resolved by Kindle Customer Service
You’ll have to mail the damaged device yourself. The support team can only assist you with providing viable information such as the service center’s mailing address, shipping address, etc.
Call with Kindle unsuccessful? Follow the steps below
If you can’t seem to resolve your issue through the customer service department. Try other options:
- Look through your notes or try to recollect your conversation. Identify areas of miscommunication and point them out during future communications.
- Call back. The second customer service rep might be more trained and may assist you better. Politely explain why you were unsatisfied with the initial resolution.
- Check your email for a rating request. You can mention your dissatisfaction in the email. This may escalate your case to a more trained customer service rep.
- Use other alternatives such as live chat or email support. This gives you a written record of your communications with the rep.
- Seek advice from social media users and Kindle specialists. Amazon Kindle is also available on Twitter and Facebook. You can put your questions over there and someone might help resolve your issue.
- Another option to contact Amazon Kindle is via its online community forums. You may find tips and bits of advice by expert users and Amazon staff.
Contacting Kindle support or customer service
Kindle customer support and customer service can be contacted via phone, email, and chat. Like most companies, Kindle uses Call
centers manned by agents to answer their customer inquiries. These call centers are located throughout the US and in many cases also India, the Philippines, and other
foreign countries. Kindle customer support agents receive basic training to support Kindle products and services, and have access
to customer information, purchase history, and prior customer support inquiries.
In order to answer customer inquiries, Kindle support agents have templated and scripted answers to common questions. If Kindle
agents do not know how to answer specific customer questions, they usually consult a supervisor who received further training.
Since Kindle can hire a limited number of support agents in any given time, often customers have to wait on hold until one of the agent is available to
take their call. To handle surges in incoming customer support calls, Kindle uses Interactive Voice Response Systems (IVR’s) to handle large volume of
incoming customer calls. That is one of the reasons why often customers need to wait on hold and talk to automated systems before speaking to a human representative.
How is getting help from 6YA different from Kindle?
6YA is a service that connects users who need technical or repair help with a professional Expert over the phone or video. All 6YA Experts have real repair experience and
are located throughout the US. The idea behind 6YA is to connect consumers at need with a real technician who is getting paid to take their call. Unlike
Kindle, 6YA Experts are independent contractors who do not have any access to Kindle customer information or purchases.
While 6YA Experts can provide effective help on any Kindle product or service, they do not have access to your Kindle account and
can’t assist with billing, or any non technical issue you have with Kindle.
Since 6YA is using a proprietary technology that’s connecting you to Experts in seconds, you will never be placed on hold or talk to virtual response systems. We believe
that 6YA Experts can provide professional and unbiased help, which will often be more effective than the scripted and templated answers from Kindle
What is 6YA’s relationship with Kindle?
6YA and Kindle are not related. While 6YA Experts can provide help and support on most Kindle products and services, the two
companies are not related. 6YA was created because we believe that in many cases, real professionals with years of hands on experience fixing and resolving technical issues
can provide better help than call center agents that use virtual answering services and scripted responses.
6YA is able to connect you to a repair Expert in seconds through the robust technology it created. We use several algorithms to identify the best Expert who can assist with
your particular issue, get them on the phone, and then connect you so you are never placed on hold. We strongly believe that customers who encounter technical challenges or
issues operating their products should not endure more stress and friction before getting help. On the other hand, there are so many professional repairmen with decades of
experience who can help so many customers such as yourself and generate extra cash along the way.
Our mission is to help people solve everyday problems by using technology to simplify our lives rather than add more friction.