IBM is a pioneer in mainframe computers and manufacturing softwares. Additionally, it provides consultation and hosting services. Being a tech giant, IBM tackles numerous customer support calls every day.
Best Methods to Contact IBM
In total, there are two ways to contact IBM. These include:
- IBM offers a toll-free number for users to get in touch with a team rep. The first best way to contact IBM is by dialing 800-426-4968. Alternate numbers are 800-426-7378 for technical support, 800-796-9876, and 877-426-6006 for customer service.
- The support team also offers online help desks and community forums to users for detailed conversations on complex issues. You can check out http://www.ibm.com/contact/us/en/ for more help.
Calling IBM Customer Support
Here are some common reasons for users to call IBM customer support:
- Invoice and billing issues
- Payment guidance
- Locating nearby IBM stores
- Requesting, altering, or terminating orders
- Seeking information about a service or product
Tips to ensure an effective call with IBM
- Keep your product details like serial/model number, account number, invoice, etc handy. Make sure to have a notepad nearby so you can take notes.
- IBM has different departments to handle different sets of issues. Visit the IBM website before placing a call to get directed to the suitable department.
- IBM provides support for people with disabilities, like TTY calling for people with hearing loss.
User Reactions To Calling IBM Customer Service
IBM has paved its way in the B2B market and doesn’t deal with B2C businesses anymore. There isn’t much in news on IBM’s customer service to direct users.
The business customers are normally pleased with the service provided by IBM customer reps.
Issues resolved by an IBM Customer Service Representative
IBM agents resolve issues ranging from account and product issues to technical support and troubleshooting.
What Cannot Be Resolved by Phone with IBM Customer Service?
IBM is not accountable for issues related to device compatibility between IBM hardware/ software and other peripheral devices. Some issues require a scheduled appointment and cannot be resolved online. You may have to schedule an expert or technician visit for a demo or repair parts. The customer service agent can guide you in making appointments but they cannot resolve your concern fully.
Call with IBM Unsuccessful? Follow the steps below
- Take notes in your call with the representative. If the call hangs up, go through the notes, and re-contact customer support. The information jotted may assist you to explain your concern easily.
- Different service agents have different levels of training, knowledge, and experience. If your first call felt unsatisfactory, try again. The next person may be able to get you the desired results.
- If you're still not satisfied, visit IBM's website and open a support ticket.
- If nothing works, stop by an IBM Store. Reach out to any IBM sales representative in person and ask them to help you.
Contacting IBM support or customer service
IBM customer support and customer service can be contacted via phone, email, and chat. Like most companies, IBM uses Call
centers manned by agents to answer their customer inquiries. These call centers are located throughout the US and in many cases also India, the Philippines, and other
foreign countries. IBM customer support agents receive basic training to support IBM products and services, and have access
to customer information, purchase history, and prior customer support inquiries.
In order to answer customer inquiries, IBM support agents have templated and scripted answers to common questions. If IBM
agents do not know how to answer specific customer questions, they usually consult a supervisor who received further training.
Since IBM can hire a limited number of support agents in any given time, often customers have to wait on hold until one of the agent is available to
take their call. To handle surges in incoming customer support calls, IBM uses Interactive Voice Response Systems (IVR’s) to handle large volume of
incoming customer calls. That is one of the reasons why often customers need to wait on hold and talk to automated systems before speaking to a human representative.
How is getting help from 6YA different from IBM?
6YA is a service that connects users who need technical or repair help with a professional Expert over the phone or video. All 6YA Experts have real repair experience and
are located throughout the US. The idea behind 6YA is to connect consumers at need with a real technician who is getting paid to take their call. Unlike
IBM, 6YA Experts are independent contractors who do not have any access to IBM customer information or purchases.
While 6YA Experts can provide effective help on any IBM product or service, they do not have access to your IBM account and
can’t assist with billing, or any non technical issue you have with IBM.
Since 6YA is using a proprietary technology that’s connecting you to Experts in seconds, you will never be placed on hold or talk to virtual response systems. We believe
that 6YA Experts can provide professional and unbiased help, which will often be more effective than the scripted and templated answers from IBM
What is 6YA’s relationship with IBM?
6YA and IBM are not related. While 6YA Experts can provide help and support on most IBM products and services, the two
companies are not related. 6YA was created because we believe that in many cases, real professionals with years of hands on experience fixing and resolving technical issues
can provide better help than call center agents that use virtual answering services and scripted responses.
6YA is able to connect you to a repair Expert in seconds through the robust technology it created. We use several algorithms to identify the best Expert who can assist with
your particular issue, get them on the phone, and then connect you so you are never placed on hold. We strongly believe that customers who encounter technical challenges or
issues operating their products should not endure more stress and friction before getting help. On the other hand, there are so many professional repairmen with decades of
experience who can help so many customers such as yourself and generate extra cash along the way.
Our mission is to help people solve everyday problems by using technology to simplify our lives rather than add more friction.