Everything you need to know about Contacting Hughesnet
Hughesnet is a high-speed satellite internet service provider. Having more than 1.3 million clients, Hughesnet receives lots of customer support requests every day.
Best Methods to Contact Hughesnet
Hughesnet offers various methods for customers to get in touch with their support team. In total, there are three efficient ways to contact Hughesnet. These include:
- Hughesnet offers multiple toll-free numbers for users Hughesnet to get in touch with a team rep. The best way to contact Hughesnet is by dialing 301-428-5500 for corporate offices and 888-615-0298 for new customers. Alternate numbers are 877-329-1403 for cancelations, 866-347-3292 for deals & packages, 877-318-2092 for moving & address change concierge, 888-858-0822 for deals & packages concierge, 888-715-3291 for new customer concierge and 888-667-5537 for customer service.
- Hughesnet provides a live chat option to users at http://customercare.myhughesnet.com/support.cfm?source=chat.
- The support team also offers online help desks and community forums to users for detailed conversations. You can check out customercare.myhughesnet.com for more help.
Calling Hughesnet Customer Support
Here are some common reasons for people to call Hughesnet customer support:
- Billing and payment issues
- Text support
- Buying, modifying or canceling services
- Seeking details about services
- Requesting return or refund
- Help with troubleshooting problems
Tips to ensure an effective call with Hughesnet
You can ensure a productive call with Hughesnet and get your issues resolved in no time with the following tips:
- Hughesnet customer support has separate customer care departments for different issues. Make sure to connect with the right department.
- Some remote diagnostics work best if you're not using the device for the call. It is advisable to use another phone or computer to connect with the representative.
- Keep a notepad and pen handy to take notes.
- Hughesnet has partnered with Sutherland to deliver better technical support for connected devices. However this service requires a separate subscription.
User Reactions To Calling Hughesnet Customer Service
Hughesnet ensures user-friendly customer assistance and effective resolution of problems. Except for a few, most users seem content with the service provided.
Issues resolved by a Hughesnet Customer Service Representative
Customer service reps provide optimal solutions to numerous issues like invoice queries, service modifications, technical assistance and purchasing new services etc.
What Cannot Be Resolved by Phone with Hughesnet Customer Service?
- If you are dealing with device damage, you need to physically ship the product to the company or a repair center.
- Some issues require a technician visit and cannot be resolved on phone. The customer service agent can schedule a visit but cannot be of any more help.
Call with Hughesnet Unsuccessful? Follow the steps below
There are cases where your call may drop or the issue persists, don't worry. There are other options:
- Take notes in your call with the representative. If the call hangs up, go through the notes, and re-contact customer support. The information jotted may assist you to explain your concern thoroughly.
- Different service agents have different levels of training, knowledge, and experience. If your first call felt unsatisfactory, try again. The next person may help you.
- Hughesnet also provides a live chat option to users. This method provides you with a record of transcripts for future reference and documentation.
- If the problem persists, try contacting Hughesnet's help forum.
- If you bought your Hughesnet service through a third-party retailer, you can reach out to them for help.
Contacting Hughesnet support or customer service
Hughesnet customer support and customer service can be contacted via phone, email, and chat. Like most companies, Hughesnet uses Call
centers manned by agents to answer their customer inquiries. These call centers are located throughout the US and in many cases also India, the Philippines, and other
foreign countries. Hughesnet customer support agents receive basic training to support Hughesnet products and services, and have access
to customer information, purchase history, and prior customer support inquiries.
In order to answer customer inquiries, Hughesnet support agents have templated and scripted answers to common questions. If Hughesnet
agents do not know how to answer specific customer questions, they usually consult a supervisor who received further training.
Since Hughesnet can hire a limited number of support agents in any given time, often customers have to wait on hold until one of the agent is available to
take their call. To handle surges in incoming customer support calls, Hughesnet uses Interactive Voice Response Systems (IVR’s) to handle large volume of
incoming customer calls. That is one of the reasons why often customers need to wait on hold and talk to automated systems before speaking to a human representative.
How is getting help from 6YA different from Hughesnet?
6YA is a service that connects users who need technical or repair help with a professional Expert over the phone or video. All 6YA Experts have real repair experience and
are located throughout the US. The idea behind 6YA is to connect consumers at need with a real technician who is getting paid to take their call. Unlike
Hughesnet, 6YA Experts are independent contractors who do not have any access to Hughesnet customer information or purchases.
While 6YA Experts can provide effective help on any Hughesnet product or service, they do not have access to your Hughesnet account and
can’t assist with billing, or any non technical issue you have with Hughesnet.
Since 6YA is using a proprietary technology that’s connecting you to Experts in seconds, you will never be placed on hold or talk to virtual response systems. We believe
that 6YA Experts can provide professional and unbiased help, which will often be more effective than the scripted and templated answers from Hughesnet
What is 6YA’s relationship with Hughesnet?
6YA and Hughesnet are not related. While 6YA Experts can provide help and support on most Hughesnet products and services, the two
companies are not related. 6YA was created because we believe that in many cases, real professionals with years of hands on experience fixing and resolving technical issues
can provide better help than call center agents that use virtual answering services and scripted responses.
6YA is able to connect you to a repair Expert in seconds through the robust technology it created. We use several algorithms to identify the best Expert who can assist with
your particular issue, get them on the phone, and then connect you so you are never placed on hold. We strongly believe that customers who encounter technical challenges or
issues operating their products should not endure more stress and friction before getting help. On the other hand, there are so many professional repairmen with decades of
experience who can help so many customers such as yourself and generate extra cash along the way.
Our mission is to help people solve everyday problems by using technology to simplify our lives rather than add more friction.