HTC manufactures Android and Window-based smartphones. The company has a significant global customer base and receives daily calls for customer support.
Best methods to contact HTC
HTC offers various methods for users to get in touch with customer support. In total, there are three ways to contact HTC.
- HTC offers a toll-free number for users across the globe to get in touch with the support team. Dial 866-449-8358. The phone-based customer service is available 24/7. The average waiting time is 2 minutes.
- HTC’s online help desk is also available to users for detailed conversations. You can contact the help desk via support.htc.com.
- Follow the given link to start the live chat with one of the HTC reps: http://htc.cust-serv.com/chat.aspx
Contacting HTC Customer Support
Here are some common reasons for users to call HTC customer support:
- Technical assistance
- Unlocking HTC device
- Warranty issues
Tips for contacting HTC Customer Support
- Keep your device handy to troubleshoot along with the agent on call.
- Takes notes whilst communicating with the customer service rep.
- Keep all the necessary documents with you. Include screenshots, billing copies, warranty cards, and prior communications. You may be asked to produce these anytime.
Customer reactions to calling HTC Customer Service
The customer reactions vary from extremely satisfied to mildly disappointed. Common issues faced by users are:
- Frequent manufacturing issues in user devices
- Misleading and inconsistent information on the HTC website
- The customer service staff is reported to be impolite and unsupportive
Issues resolved by HTC Customer Service
HTC customer service rep can help you with the following issues:
- Technical assistance
- Handling device
- Addressing warranty issues
Call with HTC unsuccessful? Follow the steps below
If you can’t seem to resolve your issue, don’t fret. You still have other options:
- Identify any areas of miscommunication and point them out during future communications.
- Write back. Politely explain why you are unsatisfied with the resolution.
- Contact HTC via live chat and email support. You can keep a record of your communications with the rep using these mediums.
- If nothing works, you can always contact HTC's social media accounts or customer forums.
Contacting HTC support or customer service
HTC customer support and customer service can be contacted via phone, email, and chat. Like most companies, HTC uses Call
centers manned by agents to answer their customer inquiries. These call centers are located throughout the US and in many cases also India, the Philippines, and other
foreign countries. HTC customer support agents receive basic training to support HTC products and services, and have access
to customer information, purchase history, and prior customer support inquiries.
In order to answer customer inquiries, HTC support agents have templated and scripted answers to common questions. If HTC
agents do not know how to answer specific customer questions, they usually consult a supervisor who received further training.
Since HTC can hire a limited number of support agents in any given time, often customers have to wait on hold until one of the agent is available to
take their call. To handle surges in incoming customer support calls, HTC uses Interactive Voice Response Systems (IVR’s) to handle large volume of
incoming customer calls. That is one of the reasons why often customers need to wait on hold and talk to automated systems before speaking to a human representative.
How is getting help from 6YA different from HTC?
6YA is a service that connects users who need technical or repair help with a professional Expert over the phone or video. All 6YA Experts have real repair experience and
are located throughout the US. The idea behind 6YA is to connect consumers at need with a real technician who is getting paid to take their call. Unlike
HTC, 6YA Experts are independent contractors who do not have any access to HTC customer information or purchases.
While 6YA Experts can provide effective help on any HTC product or service, they do not have access to your HTC account and
can’t assist with billing, or any non technical issue you have with HTC.
Since 6YA is using a proprietary technology that’s connecting you to Experts in seconds, you will never be placed on hold or talk to virtual response systems. We believe
that 6YA Experts can provide professional and unbiased help, which will often be more effective than the scripted and templated answers from HTC
What is 6YA’s relationship with HTC?
6YA and HTC are not related. While 6YA Experts can provide help and support on most HTC products and services, the two
companies are not related. 6YA was created because we believe that in many cases, real professionals with years of hands on experience fixing and resolving technical issues
can provide better help than call center agents that use virtual answering services and scripted responses.
6YA is able to connect you to a repair Expert in seconds through the robust technology it created. We use several algorithms to identify the best Expert who can assist with
your particular issue, get them on the phone, and then connect you so you are never placed on hold. We strongly believe that customers who encounter technical challenges or
issues operating their products should not endure more stress and friction before getting help. On the other hand, there are so many professional repairmen with decades of
experience who can help so many customers such as yourself and generate extra cash along the way.
Our mission is to help people solve everyday problems by using technology to simplify our lives rather than add more friction.