Everything you need to know about Contacting General Motors
Headquartered in Detroit, General Motors designs manufactures and sells the premier vehicle and vehicle parts. Indeed, the company has a humongous customer base and receives customer support requests every day.
Best methods to contact General Motors
General Motors offers various methods for users to get in touch with customer support.
- General Motors offers a toll-free number for users across the globe to get in touch with the support team. Dial 800-462-8782.
- Contact GM’s help forums via Help@gm.com
- The live-chat feature is also available to users for a detailed conversation. The average waiting time is just 3 mins. The live chat option is available from 7 am-8 pm on weekdays and 7 am-4 pm CST on Saturday.
Calling General Motors Customer Service
Reasons for people to call General Motors Customer Support:
- Requesting repairs
- Requesting roadside assistance
- Checking for recalls
- Operating features in the car
- Issues with the General Motors app
Tips for calling General Motors Customer Service
For an effective and productive call with General Motors, follow the steps below:
- The phone-based customer support is available Mon-Fri 7 a.m.-8 p.m. CST. The best time to call them is 9:30 a.m and the average waiting time is 23 mins.
- Keep the necessary documents with you. Have your billing copies, insurance copies, or any form of prior communication for reference while on call.
- Keep your device handy if you face technical issues with the app. You’ll be able to troubleshoot with the agent on call.
- Take notes during the conversation. You may want to refer to these later on.
Customer reactions to calling General Motors Customer Service
There haven’t been significant complaints regarding General Motor reps available online. We may assume the support team is well-trained and user-friendly.
Issues resolved by General Motors Customer Service
- Resolving repair issues
- Roadside assistance
- Assistance with operating vehicle’s features
Call with General Motors unsuccessful? Follow the steps below
If you can’t seem to resolve your issue through the customer service department. You have other options:
- Look through your notes or try to recollect your conversation. Identify areas of miscommunication and point them out during future communications.
- Call back. The second customer service rep might be more trained and may assist you better. Politely explain why you were unsatisfied with the initial resolution.
- Use other alternatives such as online help desk. This gives you a written record of your communication with the rep.
Contacting general motors support or customer service
general motors customer support and customer service can be contacted via phone, email, and chat. Like most companies, general motors uses Call
centers manned by agents to answer their customer inquiries. These call centers are located throughout the US and in many cases also India, the Philippines, and other
foreign countries. general motors customer support agents receive basic training to support general motors products and services, and have access
to customer information, purchase history, and prior customer support inquiries.
In order to answer customer inquiries, general motors support agents have templated and scripted answers to common questions. If general motors
agents do not know how to answer specific customer questions, they usually consult a supervisor who received further training.
Since general motors can hire a limited number of support agents in any given time, often customers have to wait on hold until one of the agent is available to
take their call. To handle surges in incoming customer support calls, general motors uses Interactive Voice Response Systems (IVR’s) to handle large volume of
incoming customer calls. That is one of the reasons why often customers need to wait on hold and talk to automated systems before speaking to a human representative.
How is getting help from 6YA different from general motors?
6YA is a service that connects users who need technical or repair help with a professional Expert over the phone or video. All 6YA Experts have real repair experience and
are located throughout the US. The idea behind 6YA is to connect consumers at need with a real technician who is getting paid to take their call. Unlike
general motors, 6YA Experts are independent contractors who do not have any access to general motors customer information or purchases.
While 6YA Experts can provide effective help on any general motors product or service, they do not have access to your general motors account and
can’t assist with billing, or any non technical issue you have with general motors.
Since 6YA is using a proprietary technology that’s connecting you to Experts in seconds, you will never be placed on hold or talk to virtual response systems. We believe
that 6YA Experts can provide professional and unbiased help, which will often be more effective than the scripted and templated answers from general motors
What is 6YA’s relationship with general motors?
6YA and general motors are not related. While 6YA Experts can provide help and support on most general motors products and services, the two
companies are not related. 6YA was created because we believe that in many cases, real professionals with years of hands on experience fixing and resolving technical issues
can provide better help than call center agents that use virtual answering services and scripted responses.
6YA is able to connect you to a repair Expert in seconds through the robust technology it created. We use several algorithms to identify the best Expert who can assist with
your particular issue, get them on the phone, and then connect you so you are never placed on hold. We strongly believe that customers who encounter technical challenges or
issues operating their products should not endure more stress and friction before getting help. On the other hand, there are so many professional repairmen with decades of
experience who can help so many customers such as yourself and generate extra cash along the way.
Our mission is to help people solve everyday problems by using technology to simplify our lives rather than add more friction.