Everything you need to know about Contacting Geek Squad
Geek Squad offers services for desktops and other home appliances. The services can be in-store, on-site, or via the internet. There are 24-hour telephone-based and on-site emergency support services.
Best methods to contact Geek Squad
- It offers a toll-free number for users across the globe to get in touch with the support team. Dial 800-433-5778. The phone-based customer service is available 24/7. The average waiting time is 6 minutes.
- Geeksquad’s online help desk is also available to users for a detailed conversation regarding complex issues. You can contact the help desk via geeksquad.com.
Calling Geek Squad customer service
There are various reasons for people to call Geek Squad Customer Support. These include:
- Requesting replacements
- Technical assistance
- Requesting copies of invoices
- Locked devices
- Questions regarding service installation charges
Tips for calling Geek Squad Customer Service
For an effective and productive call, follow the steps below:
- The phone-based customer support is available 24 hours, 7 days. The best time to call them is 9 in the morning.
- Keep the necessary documents with you. Have your billing copies, order details, any form of prior communication for reference while on call.
- Keep your device handy if you face technical issues. You’ll be able to troubleshoot with the agent on call.
- Take notes during the conversation. You may want to refer to these later on.
Customer reactions to calling Geek Squad Customer Service
GeekSquad has received negative reviews regarding the working of the support team. Most reviews are as follows:
- Customer service reps were unsupportive, impatient, and rude.
- Users were kept waiting on calls for more than an hour. The calls were simply being transferred from one rep to another.
- The agents lacked basic knowledge and weren’t able to resolve customer issues.
Issues resolved by Geek Squad Customer Service
- Resolving replacement issues
- Providing invoice copies
- Technical assistance
- Answering general inquiries about installation charges etc.
Call with Geek Squad unsuccessful? Follow the steps below
If you can’t seem to resolve your issue through the customer service department. Try other options:
- Look through your notes or try to recollect your conversation. Identify areas of miscommunication and point them out during future communications.
- Call back. The second customer service rep might be more trained and may assist you better. Politely explain why you were unsatisfied with the initial resolution.
- Use other alternatives such as an online help desk. This gives you a written record of your communications with the rep.
Contacting Geek Squad support or customer service
Geek Squad customer support and customer service can be contacted via phone, email, and chat. Like most companies, Geek Squad uses Call
centers manned by agents to answer their customer inquiries. These call centers are located throughout the US and in many cases also India, the Philippines, and other
foreign countries. Geek Squad customer support agents receive basic training to support Geek Squad products and services, and have access
to customer information, purchase history, and prior customer support inquiries.
In order to answer customer inquiries, Geek Squad support agents have templated and scripted answers to common questions. If Geek Squad
agents do not know how to answer specific customer questions, they usually consult a supervisor who received further training.
Since Geek Squad can hire a limited number of support agents in any given time, often customers have to wait on hold until one of the agent is available to
take their call. To handle surges in incoming customer support calls, Geek Squad uses Interactive Voice Response Systems (IVR’s) to handle large volume of
incoming customer calls. That is one of the reasons why often customers need to wait on hold and talk to automated systems before speaking to a human representative.
How is getting help from 6YA different from Geek Squad?
6YA is a service that connects users who need technical or repair help with a professional Expert over the phone or video. All 6YA Experts have real repair experience and
are located throughout the US. The idea behind 6YA is to connect consumers at need with a real technician who is getting paid to take their call. Unlike
Geek Squad, 6YA Experts are independent contractors who do not have any access to Geek Squad customer information or purchases.
While 6YA Experts can provide effective help on any Geek Squad product or service, they do not have access to your Geek Squad account and
can’t assist with billing, or any non technical issue you have with Geek Squad.
Since 6YA is using a proprietary technology that’s connecting you to Experts in seconds, you will never be placed on hold or talk to virtual response systems. We believe
that 6YA Experts can provide professional and unbiased help, which will often be more effective than the scripted and templated answers from Geek Squad
What is 6YA’s relationship with Geek Squad?
6YA and Geek Squad are not related. While 6YA Experts can provide help and support on most Geek Squad products and services, the two
companies are not related. 6YA was created because we believe that in many cases, real professionals with years of hands on experience fixing and resolving technical issues
can provide better help than call center agents that use virtual answering services and scripted responses.
6YA is able to connect you to a repair Expert in seconds through the robust technology it created. We use several algorithms to identify the best Expert who can assist with
your particular issue, get them on the phone, and then connect you so you are never placed on hold. We strongly believe that customers who encounter technical challenges or
issues operating their products should not endure more stress and friction before getting help. On the other hand, there are so many professional repairmen with decades of
experience who can help so many customers such as yourself and generate extra cash along the way.
Our mission is to help people solve everyday problems by using technology to simplify our lives rather than add more friction.