Everything you need to know about Contacting American Home Shield
American Home Shield is a household warranty company that grants warranty services to household appliances and systems. With over a million customers in the U.S. alone, it isn’t surprising that the company receives many customer support requests daily.
Best methods to contact American Home Shield
AHS offers different methods for users to get in touch with customer support. In total, there are two ways to contact AHS.
- AHs offers a toll-free number for users across the globe to get in touch with the support team. Dial 800-776-4663. The phone-based customer service is available 24/7. The average waiting time is 27 minutes.
- AHS’s online help desk is also available to users for a detailed conversation regarding complex issues. You can contact the help desk via ahs.com.
Calling AHS customer service
Here are some common reasons for people to call AHS customer support:
- Questions regarding warranty coverage
- Requests for service calls and repairs
- Questions regarding plan purchases
- Billing questions
- General complaints
Tips for calling AHS Customer Service
For an effective and productive call, follow the steps below:
- The phone-based customer support is available 24 hours, 7 days. The best time to call American Home Shield is 9 a.m.
- Keep the necessary documents with you. Have your service contract, billing copies, product/service info, any form of prior communication for reference while on call.
- Keep a calendar nearby to make sure the service appointments don’t clash with your personal commitments.
- Take notes during the conversation. You may want to refer to these later on.
Customer reactions to calling AHS Customer Service
AHS has recorded poor quality service over the years. However, the notion has changed over the past couple of years and we may expect AHS to launch quality support teams anytime soon.
Issues resolved by AHS Customer Service
- Answering questions regarding service plans
- Assist users with selecting an appropriate plan
- Schedule service appointments
Call with AHS unsuccessful? Follow the steps below
If you can’t seem to resolve your issue through the customer service department. You have other options:
- Look through your notes or try to recollect your conversation. Identify areas of miscommunication and point them out during future communications.
- Call back. The second customer service rep might be more trained and may assist you better. Politely explain why you were unsatisfied with the initial resolution.
- Use other alternatives such as an online membership portal, email, or live chat. This gives you a written record of your communication with the rep.
Contacting American Home Shield support or customer service
American Home Shield customer support and customer service can be contacted via phone, email, and chat. Like most companies, American Home Shield uses Call
centers manned by agents to answer their customer inquiries. These call centers are located throughout the US and in many cases also India, the Philippines, and other
foreign countries. American Home Shield customer support agents receive basic training to support American Home Shield products and services, and have access
to customer information, purchase history, and prior customer support inquiries.
In order to answer customer inquiries, American Home Shield support agents have templated and scripted answers to common questions. If American Home Shield
agents do not know how to answer specific customer questions, they usually consult a supervisor who received further training.
Since American Home Shield can hire a limited number of support agents in any given time, often customers have to wait on hold until one of the agent is available to
take their call. To handle surges in incoming customer support calls, American Home Shield uses Interactive Voice Response Systems (IVR’s) to handle large volume of
incoming customer calls. That is one of the reasons why often customers need to wait on hold and talk to automated systems before speaking to a human representative.
How is getting help from 6YA different from American Home Shield?
6YA is a service that connects users who need technical or repair help with a professional Expert over the phone or video. All 6YA Experts have real repair experience and
are located throughout the US. The idea behind 6YA is to connect consumers at need with a real technician who is getting paid to take their call. Unlike
American Home Shield, 6YA Experts are independent contractors who do not have any access to American Home Shield customer information or purchases.
While 6YA Experts can provide effective help on any American Home Shield product or service, they do not have access to your American Home Shield account and
can’t assist with billing, or any non technical issue you have with American Home Shield.
Since 6YA is using a proprietary technology that’s connecting you to Experts in seconds, you will never be placed on hold or talk to virtual response systems. We believe
that 6YA Experts can provide professional and unbiased help, which will often be more effective than the scripted and templated answers from American Home Shield
What is 6YA’s relationship with American Home Shield?
6YA and American Home Shield are not related. While 6YA Experts can provide help and support on most American Home Shield products and services, the two
companies are not related. 6YA was created because we believe that in many cases, real professionals with years of hands on experience fixing and resolving technical issues
can provide better help than call center agents that use virtual answering services and scripted responses.
6YA is able to connect you to a repair Expert in seconds through the robust technology it created. We use several algorithms to identify the best Expert who can assist with
your particular issue, get them on the phone, and then connect you so you are never placed on hold. We strongly believe that customers who encounter technical challenges or
issues operating their products should not endure more stress and friction before getting help. On the other hand, there are so many professional repairmen with decades of
experience who can help so many customers such as yourself and generate extra cash along the way.
Our mission is to help people solve everyday problems by using technology to simplify our lives rather than add more friction.