Everything you need to know about Contacting Uber
Uber completes more than 40M rides every month in the United States alone, making it understandable for the company to receive customer assistance outreach every day. However, Uber only provides phone-based customer assistance to its frequent users and other customers in case of emergencies only.
Best methods to contact Uber
Unfortunately, Uber's only available customer support method is through their help desk. The Online help desk is available to users for a detailed conversation regarding complex issues. You can contact the help desk via help.uber.com. The average time to fix issues is 7 hours. Refrain from contacting Uber around 9-11 in the morning since it's their busiest time.
Why do People Call Uber's Customer Service Department?
Uber mostly extends email-based customer support to users. However, users can expect phone-based customer services in following situations only:
- Emergencies: Uber provides emergency numbers to both riders and drivers. Uber also advises calling 911 in case of safety issues for both parties
- Diamond level riders: Uber, like other organizations, drives regular loyalty campaigns, ensuring rewards and perks to its loyal user customers. Diamond is the top-most tier, a user can achieve. The level consists of premium customer assistance, including phone-based customer services.
User Experience with Uber Customer Support
Since only a few Uber users have enjoyed phone-based customer assistance in their lifetime, it's difficult to generalize public opinion over Uber's customer support. Uber mostly receives mixed reviews for its customer support department.
The company requests riders to wait 24 hours for a response from an Uber rep, leading to slow resolutions.
However, Uber is quick in dealing with routine driver concerns and technical assistance.
Media Reports on Uber's Customer Support
Uber indeed has pioneered the ride-share model and generally ensures user-friendly customer assistance. However, some users and media outlets have criticized Uber for inconsistent assistance and safety issues over the past few years. There have been instances, where customers reported no appropriate support from Uber in grave emergencies.
But things are changing with time and Uber is working hard to ensure a clean image and transparency among users.
Issues resolved by Uber Customer Service Representative
Uber customer service can solve the following issues:
- Routine driver concerns such as late rides, rude drivers
- Drivers who refuse to accommodate handicapped passengers
- Excessive ride charges
- Issue refunds or other compensations
- Loyalty program credits, rewards, and upcoming campaigns
What Can't Be Resolved with Uber Customer Service?
Uber cannot enforce laws or regulations on riders or drivers. It doesn't provide rider guidelines or address safety concerns in between a ride. Users are advised to call 911 if they feel a safety threat while riding.
Uber's support call Unsuccessful? Follow the steps ahead
- Make sure to take notes or record a transcript of your conversation. You may need the details again.
- If you think the first representative didn't get your concern, call back. You will be assigned another agent, with more expertise and training. He may support you better than the first rep.
- Use alternative methods of seeking customer assistance. Use email, social media platforms. Uber is most active on Twitter and Facebook.
- Have a printed record of your conversation. You may need them to file complaints in government agencies, regulating the rideshare services around you. The agency can hold Uber to account on similar complaints and urge the company to take strict actions.
- Finally, if you'd like to skip the wait and speak with an expert, 6ya can connect you with an Uber Expert in seconds!