LG Phone Won’t Turn On? Here’s How to Fix It
At your breaking point? That happens when your LG phone won’t turn on. Your trouble may be in result of a battery malfunction, insufficient charge, or even water damage. Here are great tips on how to resolve any issues:
How to Reset Your LG Device
If your LG device isn’t turning on, there may be a technical issue that resulted from a specific software you’re using. To resolve this, your phone would need a factory reset with the following steps:
- Simultaneously press the volume down key and power buttons until the LG logo appears on the screen.
- Keep the power button pressed while releasing the volume button momentarily, before pressing it back down again. The “factory data reset” window should then appear, at which point you should release the buttons.
- Select “Yes” from the options. To do so, press the volume down button once, then the power button. This should reboot your device.
Remember that by doing so, all of your previous user data will be wiped, and the default settings will be restored.
Clear the LG Cache
Nervous to wipe your phone completely? Clearing the cache is also an option. Essentially, this just clears the temporary data stored on your phone. Here’s how:
- Simultaneously press both volume keys as well as the power button. You should then see a screen that gives you a few different options.
- Using the volume key to scroll down, select the “Wipe Cache Partition.”
- After the Cache has been wiped, select the “Reboot System” option. If this was the issue, your phone will turn on.
Another option that does not reset your user data and may resolve your phone issues is to force restart your LG device.
- Simultaneously press the volume down key and power buttons for roughly 10-15 seconds or until the LG logo appears on the screen.
- Then press the power button to turn your phone on.
There may be complications with this method with some users reporting that their phones were stuck in the reboot cycle.
Remove the Battery
If there is an issue with the battery it could be caused by a number of things; dirt, dust, water, or even the battery itself. Upon removal of the battery, if it’s defected you may see bloating or leaking. If not, try wiping the surface with a dry cloth to remove any dirt particles that may be preventing it from working properly.
Though this should be an easy fix, some LG customers complain of the battery being difficult to remove and sometimes it’s even glued in place making it nearly impossible.
Get Access to Your Phone Using 6ya
While attempting to troubleshoot your phone can certainly help, it isn’t always guaranteed to resolve your issues. In some cases, trying to fix the problems may cause more damage.
That’s why relying on experts from the beginning is a good idea. Often, they have the insight needed to help make the process faster and more efficient.
With 6ya, you can get the help you need when you need it. 6ya’s team of experts works in everything from tech, to home and auto and is available 24/7 with no annoying automated systems or wait times. Whether your LG phone won’t turn on or even your car, 6ya can give you the answers to help you find solutions instantly, simply, and affordably.