How to Upload a Resume on LinkedIn
Over 3 million businesses have registered themselves on LinkedIn today. The professional networking site has more than 300 million registered members to date. This makes the platform an effective place to find jobs and to connect with fellow peers. However, most users prefer to add resumes on LinkedIn for quicker selection and call-outs from companies they are applying to. You can upload your resume from two areas – your Profile Page or the Job application Page of an employer.
Uploading Resume through your Profile Page
- Sign in to your LinkedIn account.
- Click on the “Profile” tab.
- Click on the arrow next to the “Edit Profile” tab.
- Select “Import Resume”.
- Click on the “Browse” button. Then, select the file you wish to attach.
- Click on “Upload Resume”.
- Remember to check all the fields and make sure that the information pulled from the resume is accurate.
- Now, click on “Save Changes”.
Attaching resume to a Job Application
- Open the Employer’s LinkedIn Job Application Page.
- Click on “Easy Apply”.
- Then. select “Upload a File” under the Resume/Cover Letter section.
- Tap on your desired file to select it.
- Click on “Submit” to apply along with your resume.
P.S. If you upload your resume through a Job Application page, the website attaches your resume to the application for the available position. On the other hand, if you upload it through your Profile page, the website pulls the relevant information from your resume and adds that to your LinkedIn profile.