How to track an Amazon Order
Amazon is everyone’s go-to place for quick purchases. While you order your favorite dress or gadget, you may want to track the shipments and estimated delivery dates. You can track all your orders, even the shipping details through Amazon’s website.
However, if you made a purchase using the Amazon Marketplace seller, the tracking number might not be unavailable. In such cases, buyers have to directly write to the seller regarding the shipment status.
Tracking shipping details on Amazon: Follow steps ahead
- Go to Amazon’s website. Click on “Your Account” and then on “Your Orders”.
- Log in to see a preview of your recent orders.
- Click on “Track Package” by the order. This will show you the tracking number and a summary of the tracking details.
- Tap “See Complete Tracking History”. Doing so will enable you to see the full tracking history. You can also copy the tracking number and paste it into the shipping company’s tracking page for further updates.
Finding Missing Packages
Even if the tracking number isn’t available yet, your order might still be on its way. There might be a delay in scanning the package from the shipper’s side. Wait patiently and check again after some time. If it says that the order has been delivered, check for notice at your front door or check-up with your neighbors. If you are still unable to locate your package:
- Click “Where’s My Package” on the tracking page.
- Then, click on “Request Refund/Replacement” to report the missing package.