How to Setup an Out of Office Response in Gmail
Maybe you’re out of office for an extended period of time, or maybe you need to take a break from an overwhelming amount of emails. Whatever your reason, you can setup an auto-response in Gmail to respond to every email that comes in, or only specific emails. Here’s how:
- Login to your Gmail account
- Click on the Settings icon in the upper right hand corner of Gmail
- Click on “See all Settings“
- Under “General Settings” scroll to the bottom of the page to the “Vacation Responder”
- Click the button to select “Vacation responder on”
- Input: First and Last day, the Subject, and the Message of your auto-response.
- Select who to send the auto-response to. Gmail will give you the option of only sending to your contact list, or only to people internally at your company. If you want to send the auto-response to everyone, don’t select either option.
- Select “Save Changes” at the bottom of your screen.