How to Set up Netflix on My Roku
Using a Roku box, you can directly stream Netflix on your TV and enjoy your favorite shows with your family.
By following a few simple steps, you can ensure that Netflix is connected to your Roku box and create a seamless streaming experience.
- Search your television for the audio and video connection. An HD TV has connectors for HDMI cables. However, an older television may use component or composite cables.
- Plug the corresponding cables into the television and the Roku Box. Insert your network cable to the network port on the Roku, for a wired connection. Connect the opposite end to an open network port on your router.
- Wireless network connections require the network name and security password.
- Turn on your television and Roku to begin the setup process. Choose “Wired” or “Wireless” as your network connection. If you choose wireless, it will continue with the screen asking for the network name and password. Then, you may complete the rest of the setup process.
- Select the Netflix icon on your television screen using the Roku remote.
- Follow the directions on the screen. You will come across an activation code that you need to enter on the Netflix website.
- Log in to Netflix, go to “Your Account & Help” and scroll down to “Watching Instantly on Your TV or Computer.” Click “Activate a Netflix Ready Device” and enter the activation code provided by your Roku.
- Verify that Roku recognized your Netflix account and that the activation code worked. After verification, you’ll have access to your Netflix queue and the movies will start playing once selected.