How to set up donations on Twitch
Most people stream on Twitch for recreation. However, if you’re considering joining full time, you’ll need to raise some cash. One way of doing so is setting up Twitch donation. Along with Twitch’s built-in subscription, streamers can accept a donation in Bits- the platform’s built-in currency. Other ways include PayPal and other third-party services.
Here’s how you can set up donations on Twitch:
- Subscriptions allow people to subscribe to a channel as a paid member. Every time a new person subscribes you’ll be notified so you can acknowledge them by saying thank you
- Another alternative is to donate using Twitch Bits purchased with real money, sent via the “Cheer Command” in the Twitch Chat Room. You however need to be a Twitch affiliate to accept these donations and Twitch deducts a small amount to support the service
- Bits and subscription are enabled automatically when you reach the Twitch Affiliate status and set up your payment settings. You can always regulate your Twitch donations via the Twitch channel dashboard
Setting up donations using third-party donation services
- In case you are using Streamlabs, you can add the “Donation” option from the Streamlabs dashboard. Click on “Settings” in the menu on the left side of the screen
- Navigate to “Donation Settings,” and tap “Methods” to add your own payment accounts including PayPal, Skrill or a credit card.
- Select the payment method and follow the instructions visible on the screen
- You can make changes in the currency, minimum donation amount under “Donation Settings”
- Once you have your payment options in place people can directly donate to you through your “Streamlabs Tip” page. The link will appear permanently under “Donation Settings”
Adding a PayPal donation link
- You can drop a PayPal donation button in your channel’s description
- Head to the Twitch website and click on your “Channel icon” on the top-right screen. Click on the “Add button” and then “Channel” from the drop-down menu to access your Twitch channel page.
- Click on “About” and then toggle- on “Edit Panel”
- Tap “Add Button” and select “Add a Text or Image Panel” Give the panel a name and drop your PayPal donation information here
- Click on the “Submit” button once you’re done