How to schedule send an email on Gmail
The “Schedule email” option lets you choose the date and time of sending your emails. This is especially handy when you are working in non-working hours. You can finish writing your emails and schedule them to be sent later at a suitable time and date. Here’s how you can use this option:
Steps for schedule sending an email on Gmail using a desktop
- Sign in to your Google account at https://www.google.com/gmail/
- Compose the email you want to schedule send by clicking on the “+” icon at the left side of the screen
- Click on the down arrow next to the “Send” button after you finish composing the email.
- From the menu that appears, click on “Schedule send”
- You are left with 4 different timelines to select from. These are tomorrow morning, tomorrow afternoon, Monday morning or Monday customised. Select the one you want suiting you better.
- Select “Pick date and time” to choose personalized date and time
- Select the date from the calendar on the left and type a time in the box at the right
- Select “Schedule send” at the bottom of the screen
How to cancel a scheduled email on Gmail using desktop
- Scroll through the menu to find “Scheduled” on Gmail’s homepage
- Select the email you want to cancel.
- Click on the “Cancel send” button. Your scheduled mail will be removed from your drafts folder
How to schedule send an email on Gmail using the mobile app
- Open your Gmail app on your android or iPhone
- Compose your email that you want to schedule
- Tap the three horizontal dots (vertical in the android) at the top of the screen
- Tap on “Schedule send”
- Select the date and time of the “Schedule send.”You are done!