How to save an iMovie
Apple’s iMovie is a video editing software application for macOS, iOS, and iPadOS devices. Its features include templates, titles, subtitles, transitions, effects, etc. to make a short, simple outline into a Hollywood-style project. It focuses on quick, smooth, and accessible moviemaking. You can conveniently switch between your mobile or Mac while making the iMovie due to its relatively simple sharing options.
How to save in iMovie?
When you edit your clips in the workplace, your project is saved automatically. You can also do it manually.
To save on your iPhone or iPad, tap the share button. Choose the quality of the file that you want to create. Tap on “Save Video” to save it to your device.
On a desktop or laptop, click the share button. Then, click the filmstrip icon to save it as a movie file.
How to save video from iMovie to laptop or PC?
You can use the Photos app or iCloud to save the iMovie to your PC or laptop.
- Using Photos:
- Make sure that you have the updated version of iTunes on your Mac.
- Connect your mobile to the Mac using a USB cable.
- After opening Photos, the import screen allows you to select the photos or videos you want to move to your Mac.
- Then, click on ”Import selected”. This will add the content to your Mac.
- You also have an option to “Import all new photos” to make the process easier.
- Using iCloud:
- If both the devices have access to the iCloud photo library, iCloud will automatically sync all the photos between the two.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on “iCloud”. Tap on photos.
- Make sure that the slider next to the iCloud photo library is turned ON. This will allow shared access to all the saved photos and videos across all the devices.
Sharing project on iMovie
You can directly share your project by simply tapping on the share button. However, you must be logged into the respective platforms before sharing the movie through it.
Saving iMovie in different formats
By default, iMovie exports the project in Apple’s QuickTime format. However, you are given other options whilst saving:-
- Exporting video and audio or just audio
- Resolution (up to 4K)
- Compression settings
Saving iMovie for Instagram
Instagram only offers a maximum resolution of 1080 pixels wide and 1920 pixels high. Hence, it is recommended to choose 720 p to prioritize upload speed or 1080 p to prioritize image quality. However, you cannot directly upload to Instagram using the share button in iMovie. Export your project as a file and then upload it to Instagram.