How to Reset your Yahoo Password
Most people these days lead fairly busy and hectic lives, so it’s not surprising that a lot of people lose track of their passwords. Thankfully, a lot of websites get this, so they make it easy to recover your password. The same goes for Yahoo.
Yahoo offers two main methods to reset the password. The first method allows you to simply change your password into a new one, if you don’t like your current password. However, for this method, you must be aware of your initial password. The second method verifies your identity and then allows you to set a new password.
When You Know Your Current Password
- Log in to your Yahoo email account. Click “Account Info” under the “Help” icon.
- Select “Change your password” under the Sign-In and Security section.
- Type your new password twice. Make sure both the entries match. Don’t worry, Yahoo will alert you if they don’t. Click “Continue” to set your new password and to be taken back to the Account Information page.
When You Don’t Know Your Current Password
- Head over to Yahoo’s password help page. Choose “I have a problem with my password” and click “Next.”
- Enter your Yahoo ID and click “Next.”
- You’ll be provided options for resetting your password depending on your Yahoo account information. You may be asked to provide a mobile phone number, an alternate email address, or answer a secret question. After choosing the method that best suits you, click “Next.”
- Follow the instructions for resetting your password. Depending on your choice, this may include clicking on a link received in an email, entering a verification code received on your mobile phone, or answering the secret questions that appear on the screen.
- Enter the new password twice. Click “Continue” to submit your password. You’ll then be logged into your account, and taken to the Yahoo home page.
You are good to go now!