How to Request a Ride in Uber
If it’s your first time requesting a ride from Uber, some of the steps can be confusing. But not to worry, it’s quite easy to request a ride in Uber, and we’ve outlined a step by step process to order a ride in Uber. Follow the steps below to request your ride:
1. Open the Uber app. If you haven’t downloaded and signed up for Uber, you’ll have to do that first before continuing.
2. Tap the ‘Where to’ field.
3. Enter your destination, then tap the exact location. You can type in the address, the name of the business you’re going to, or a cross street. Uber will show location options below your input. Make sure to tap the destination you’d like to go to.
4. Select a transportation mode. The most frequent modes of transportation for Uber riders are:
- UberPool: This is the cheapest Uber option, but it isn’t always available. You save some money, but sometimes it takes longer to reach your destination because your driver will most likely pick up other riders along the way.
- UberX: This is the standard Uber option. You can ride by yourself, but you can also have up to four people in this ride.
- Uber Comfort: This is an Uber ride that guarantees you will have leg room.
- Uber XL: This is the largest Uber ride that allows you to ride with up to 6 people total if you’re in a large group.
- Uber Black: This is a high end, luxury ride. It is a more expensive option, but you get to ride in a luxurious car.
5. Confirm your ride. Tap the confirmation button at the bottom of your screen.
6. Confirm your pickup location. Uber will use your GPS to guess your location. If the location looks wrong, tap the address and replace it with an accurate location.
7. You’re done! Uber will give you an estimate for how long it will take for your driver to arrive at your pickup location.