How to report videos, accounts, and comments on TikTok
TikTok has been in the limelight for a lot of wrong reasons this year. The unrestricted and unregulated content on the video-sharing platform may cause harm to many users. However, TikTok offers users the option to report any sexual, violent, or otherwise inappropriate content.
Here’s how you can do it:
Reporting Objectionable Videos
- Tap on the Share button in the right corner.
- Select Report from the menu that appears on your screen.
- You will be asked to state your reason to report, select the most appropriate one and tap on the submit button.
- As stated on the final submit page, if it appears that someone is in physical danger call the local police (law enforcement).
- If you’re simply not interested in the content, tap and hold on to the video and select not interested from the menu that appears.
Reporting a TikTok Account
- If you want to report an account, tap on the account icon.
- Now, tap on the three-dot icon and select Report.
- You’ll be asked to state your reason to report, select the most appropriate one and click on the submit button.
Reporting a Comment
- To report a comment on Tik Tok tap and hold on it.
- A menu will appear on your screen, tap on the Report button.
- State your reason for reporting this comment and then click on the submit button (you can add any additional comments or screenshots before submitting),