How to report someone on Facebook
Social media today has become an epicenter of misinformation, fake news and violating content. Facebook is no exception. A lot of content is shared on Facebook everyday and only an iota goes through any check. Therefore, you can find a lot of problematic content up on your feed. If you come across any objectionable or inappropriate content on Facebook, you can report it to the company.
Here’s how that works:
- Hover your cursor over the post in question and click on the down arrow.
- Click on the “I don’t want to see this” link followed by “why don’t you want to see this” link. Answer the questions that follow and you’re done.
If you come across a fake profile, you can report it. Imitation Timelines are against Facebook’s policy. Here’s how you can do so.
- Visit the concerned timeline.
- Tap on the triple dot icon at the cover photo.
- Tap on Report and give your reason to report
- Then tap on continue. That’s it.
- Visit the page in question and tap on the triple dot icon near the page name.
- Click on the report button and give your reason to do so. Options vary according to your choices, so put the most appropriate ones.
- Tap continue and you’re done.
- You can report photos directly while viewing. Click on options then select report photo.
- Choose the “I think it shouldn’t be on Facebook” option then click on continue and that’s it.
Reporting anything else
- Tap the upside-down triangle icon and select “report a problem”
- Then choose “abusive content”. If you want to view your reports you can do so from support dashboard in settings