How to Remove Yahoo Toolbar
Various users accidentally install Yahoo Toolbar while downloading and installing free software. Many freeware distributors use third-party installers to monetize their free services. As you download and install these clients, you also install promoted plug-ins (which includes the Yahoo toolbar). Some installers hide the decline button which would have helped you to opt-out of such a service.
However, there are several ways you can remove the Yahoo toolbar. Follow the steps below to remove the plug-in:
Disabling Yahoo Toolbar via Internet Explorer
- Select the Tools option from the menu bar. Click on “Manage Add-ons” using the drop-down.
- Click “Toolbars and Extensions” in the left panel. Select “Yahoo! Toolbar for IE” from the main panel. Click the “Disable” button to deactivate the toolbar and restart your Internet Explorer browser.
Removing From Firefox
- Open Firefox and select “Tools” in the menu bar. Select “Add-ons” from the drop-down menu. You’ll be directed to the Add-ons page.
- Click “Extensions” in the left panel. This will reveal a list of all the extensions in your Firefox browser. Select “Yahoo! Toolbar” from the main panel and click the “Remove” button.
- Click on the “Restart now” hyperlink to restart Firefox.
Removing From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click the Menu button next to the address bar. Hover over the “More Tools” menu option and click “Extensions” from the sub-menu to open the Extensions page.
- Now click the trash can icon next to Yahoo Extension. A confirmation dialog box will appear. Click on “Remove” to delete Yahoo Toolbar from Google Chrome.
Removing From Control Panel
Uninstalling the Yahoo toolbar from the Control Panel ensures that you delete the Yahoo search bar from Internet Explorer and your computer.
- Go to your computer’s Control Panel and select Uninstall a program. Right-click “Yahoo Toolbar” in the programs list.
- Click “Uninstall” in the pop-up menu.
- Now a confirmation dialog box will appear. Click “Yes” to confirm the action.