How to recover your forgotten Snapchat Password
Given the fast and hectic life we have been living, it is common for us to forget our important passwords. If something similar happens with your Snapchat password, don’t worry, Snapchat offers you the option of resetting your password.
In case you have lost your Snapchat password, there are two ways to reset your password – through the website or through the Snapchat app.
Steps for Recovering password through the Snapchat Website
- Head over to the website and click on the forget password link.
- Enter the mail associated with your Snapchat and click on the submit button.
- You’ll then receive an email with a link to reset your password. Click on this link and type your new password (and make it a strong one) and tap the change password button.
- After you change your password, sign in to Snapchat again
Steps for Recovering password through Snapchat App
- Open the Snapchat app and tap on the login button.
- Type your username and tap on the forget password button.
- You’ll receive a verification code either via email (as discussed above) or SMS texts.
- Select the via phone option. You will need to prove you’re not a robot.
- Type your phone number and continue.
- You’ll receive a verification code on this number (you here get a choice of either getting a call or SMS, however, both processes work a similar way).
- Put the verification code and you’ll be directed to a screen where you can reset your password.
- Enter your new password here and you are done!