How to Raise Hand on Zoom
Videoconferencing has become the most popular way to communicate in groups virtually. It makes it so much easier for people across the world to connect for business, educational, or personal use.
However, when videoconferences have a lot of people on the call, it can become very difficult to figure out when to interject with a question or comment. You can imagine how confusing it is when 30 people are all trying to chime in at once over a video call.
Fortunately, Zoom has come up with a feature to solve this problem. It’s called the “Raise Hand” feature. Clicking Raise Hand allows you to notify the host that you’ve got something to say. That way, you can let the host know that you’d like to speak without interrupting the flow of their presentation.
If you’d like to learn how to use Zoom’s Raise Hand feature, follow the steps below!
How to Raise Hand on a Computer
- Launch the Zoom application
- Click the “Participants” button at the bottom of the screen
- Click “Raise Hand” located in the lower right hand corner of your screen.
- If you’re done with your question or comment, you can lower your hand. To lower your hand, click “Lower Hand”. It will be located in the same position as “Raise Hand”
How to Raise Hand on a Mobile Device
- Tap the “More” button in the lower right hand corner of your screen.
- Tap “Raise hand”. You will see a popup menu, and “Raise hand” will be one of the options.
- If you’re done with your question or comment, you can lower your hand. To lower your hand, click “Lower Hand”. It will be located in the same popup menu as “Raise Hand”.