How to open an Amazon Account
Amazon is a popular, online retailing platform where users can buy a variety of products. However, to shop at Amazon, you may have to complete a few prerequisites. You may either sign up for a free or business account on Amazon.
Creating a new Amazon Account
Customers can create one Amazon account per email address. To create a new account, follow the steps below:
- Go to Amazon.com.
- Hover over the “Hello, sign in” option (at the top).
- Now click on “Start here” next to the “New Customer?” tab.
- Now fill in your details such as full name, email address, password (for the new account).
- Confirm the password by typing it again.
- Click on “Create your Amazon Account”.
- Now your account is set up. However, you must fill in some other details before you start ordering. Go over “Accounts and Lists” and then click on “Your Account”. Now click on the “Payment options” to enter your credit card details. Click on “Your Addresses” to enter your shipping address.
Setting up Amazon Prime Account
Amazon Prime is a paid membership service. Prime members access services and content that aren’t available to free Amazon members. Some of its benefits are listed below: –
- Users can enjoy free two-day shipping on many items.
- Using Amazon Prime Video, you can stream movies, TV shows, and Amazon’s original content.
- Prime Wardrobe provides you with the facility to try out clothing for seven days before deciding to pay for it.
- Prime Reading offers free books for the Kindle app or other devices.
- Prime Music streams music to your devices. You can also create a personalized playlist.
To set up a Prime account, follow the steps below: –
- Go to Amazon.com
- Click on the “Try Prime” tab.
- Then click on either the “Sign in with your existing Amazon Account” or “Create your Amazon Account”.
- Fill in your details such as name, address, phone number, and credit card information. And your Prime account is ready.
You can opt for a monthly or annual subscription for Amazon Prime.
Setting up an Amazon Business Account
Most businesses use Amazon for frequent purchases. If you are a registered enterprise at Amazon, you can receive discounts,price comparison features, and exclusive pricing for limited items.
Amazon offers both free and paid accounts for businesses. Paid accounts have Prime shipping benefits whereas free accounts don’t. They need to fulfill a minimum order eligibility to access free shipping. To sign up for a Business account, follow the steps below: –
- Go to amazon.com/b2b/.
- Click on “Create a Free Account”.
- Fill in your details such as name, email, a password for the account.
- You can also Amazon Prime for Business. Click on the “Try Prime” link after you have created your account.