How to Manage the Waiting Room in Zoom
Sometimes it can be really helpful to know who is attempting to enter your Zoom meeting before they enter. For example, you might be holding unscheduled virtual office hours in Zoom, and want to have a heads up before someone joins the videoconference.
However, if you’re holding a large meeting, the Waiting Room feature might become quite bothersome. If you have to continuously let people into a meeting during your presentation, it might become distracting.
In this article, we’ll show you how to enable and disable the Waiting Room feature, and we’ll show you how to use it once it’s enabled.
How to Enable and Disable the Waiting Room Feature in Zoom
- Login to your Zoom Account at https://zoom.us/signin
- Click on the “Settings” tab on the left hand side of your screen.
- Under the Meeting section of settings, switch the “Waiting Rooms” toggle to the on position to enable Waiting Room.
- To disable the Waiting Room feature: switch the toggle to the off position.
How to Use the Waiting Room Feature
Once you’ve completed the instructions above to enable the Waiting Room feature, it’s very easy to use the feature. Here’s how:
- Launch your Zoom meeting
- When someone attempts to join your meeting, they will be kept in a waiting room until you admit them.
- When you are ready to admit the participant into your meeting, click the “Admit” button.