How to make your Facebook Account Private
If you enjoy using Facebook to communicate with your friends, family, and colleagues, but you don’t want strangers to see any of your Facebook information, you can make your Facebook account private! Switching your Facebook account to private prevents unwanted strangers from viewing your profile. Here’s how to make your Facebook account private:
1. Click on the downward pointing triangle. It will be located in the upper right hand corner.
2. Click on ‘Settings & Privacy’
3. Click on ‘Settings’
4. Click ‘Privacy’. It will be located in the menu on the left hand side of the screen.
5. Click ‘Edit’ across from ‘Your Activity’. This is the section that will allow you to make adjustments to who sees all of your activity.
7. Select who sees your activity. You will be presented with a dropdown that allows you to customize who sees your Facebook activity. Select the most appropriate customization based on your personal preferences.
8. Select which people can find and contact you. You’ll be presented with 5 different scenarios where you can decide whether you’d like to allow access to the public, friends, selected friends, or only yourself. See the five scenarios below, and if you’d like to make any changes simply click ‘Edit’ next to any scenario you’d like to make changes to:
9. You’re done! Once you’ve edited all of your preferred privacy settings, they will immediately be implemented by Facebook!