How to Link a Bank Account to a Paypal Account
Paypal doesn’t charge any additional fees for US purchases with credit or debit cards. However, if you’d like to transfer money outside of your Paypal account, it’s free if you’ve linked your bank account! So if you ever plan on transferring money out of your Paypal account, you’ll want to link your bank account first. Here’s how:
- Login to your Paypal account
- Click on the “Wallet” tab located at the top of your screen.
- Click “Link a bank account” located on the left hand side of your screen.
- Select your bank.
Once you’ve selected your bank, you’ll have the option to link your bank account instantly, or to do it manually. Read below for both methods.
Link Your Bank Account Instantly
Link your bank account instantly saves you 2-3 days. However, you’ll need your login credentials for your bank. If that makes you uncomfortable, read the next section to see how to link your account manually.
- Enter the login credentials for your bank account.
- Select “Agree and Link”
Link Your Bank Account Manually
Linking your bank account manually takes 2-3 days, but for some people, this can feel like a more secure process. If you’d prefer to link your bank account manually, and you’re willing to wait 2-3 days, here’s how:
- Click “Link your bank another way”
- Enter your Routing and Account Number. Then click “Agree and Link”.
- Review your Bank Statement for 2 small deposits. Note: It will take up to 3 business days for these deposits to appear in your account. Both deposits will be between $0.01 and $0.99.
- Click the “Wallet” tab located at the top of your screen.
- Click the bank account you want to confirm
- Enter the amounts of the 2 deposits. For example, if you received $.07 and $.83 in your bank statement, you would enter .07 and .83
- Click Submit