How to install Google Chrome extensions in Microsoft edge
Microsoft has developed a new chrome-based Edge (Microsoft’s own web browser). This new update allows Edge users to install some specific extensions that you can get from Chrome web store directly on Edge.
However, keep in mind that if an extension relies on Google account functionally to sign in or sync, then the extension will not work. Also, if the extension works on a companion software, it might might not work after enabling the software.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to download these extensions:
Steps for downloading Google chrome extensions on New Microsoft edge
- Click on the three-dot icon at the top right corner to open menu
- Select Extensions from the menu
- Enable the allow extensions from other stores option
- Microsoft will warn you that the extensions are not verified. Click on the allow button
- Browse the chrome web store and find the extension that you want to install and click add to chrome
- Click “Add extension” in the confirmation dialogue
These extensions are not tested by Microsoft. So, it would be better if you install one extension at a time and check for bugs and breakages that might occur.