How to Hide your Background during Video calls in Zoom
Working from home has become a major part of most of our lives. Every now and then, we need to attend video conferences. However, you might feel uncomfortable showing your untidy room during a professional video call. To save you from much embarrassment, the virtual background feature comes in handy. It can hide your real background environment and give it a professional touch.
Hiding your Background during Video calls in Zoom
- Download, install, and open Zoom. Select the “Settings” icon in the top-right corner of the window.
- Select “Virtual Background” from the “Settings” window.
- Then, you’ll see a video preview of your current background environment along with a “Rotate 90° option on the top right-hand side.
- Below the preview, you’ll find a few backgrounds to choose from. You can also select the “I Have A Green Screen” or “Mirror My Video” option. If you have a green screen in your background, make sure to check that option because it will improve the quality of your virtual background significantly.
- Select one of the virtual backgrounds from the library.
- The background will instantly appear behind you and the actual background will be completely hidden.
- If you’re unsatisfied with the background options in the library, you can use your own options. Select the “Add Image or Video” button (represented by the “+” icon) from the virtual background selection panel. Then, choose “Add Image” or “Add Video.”
- Zoom will open the File Explorer (or Finder for Mac). Open the location of the image or video you’d like to use, select it, and then click the “Open” button.
- The selected background will now be implemented. Make sure that the chosen image is of high-resolution. This will ensure that your video’s quality won’t decrease.