How to hide iPhone apps
There are many ways to hide iPhone apps. You can move the apps to a distant Home screen page and place them in a folder. You can restrict their use or simply delete them using iTunes.
- Press and hold an icon on the Home screen until all the apps begin to jiggle.
- Drag the icon of the app you want to hide to the right edge of the screen. Doing so will separate this app from other apps and drop it on a new Home screen tab. You can keep repeating this step to place the app farther away from your main page. The 11th Home screen page is the farthest you can go.
- Similarly, drag other apps to the same Home Screen page. Then, group them all in a folder. by Drag one app over another to create a folder, then rename the folder e.g. “Miscellaneous.” You can drag up to 12 apps into a folder.
- Press the Home button to stop the jiggling, save your folder and your new app hiding place. To see the apps, flick to that Home screen page.
Native apps are apps that come with the iPhones’ Operating system. You can’t delete them, but you can hide them if they are of no use to you.
- Open “Settings”, “General” and “Restrictions.” Tap on the”Enable Restrictions” tab and enter your four-digit passcode when asked to do so.
- Toggle “Off” on any of these native apps that you would like to hide. Some of the natve apps are Safari, YouTube, Camera, iTunes and FaceTime. Press the Home button to return to your Home screen. Now, those apps will no longer appear.
- Open iTunes on your PC and then connect your iPhone to it. Click on your iPhone’s button on the upper right corner. Click on the “Apps” tab.
- Click on “Sync” to back up your iPhone applications.
- You can either delete the app by iTunes itself. You can also delete the apps you want to hide directly from your iPhone. Use iTunes to restore them. Tick the box by each app’s name in the “Apps” tab. Click “Apply” and then “Sync” to reinstall the app on your iPhone.