How to find your Router’s IP address
In order to make any changes to your network name, switch the network channel, or create a new network password, you’ll need your IP address. Each router has a unique IP address, and your router is no different. We’ve outlined every step to find your IP address, whether you’re using a Mac, or a Windows device. Let’s get started!
Find your router’s IP address using a Mac:
1. Select the WiFi icon. It will be located at the top of your screen.
2. Click on the ‘Open Network Preferences’ option
3. Select your WiFi network and click on the ‘Advanced’ option. It will be located in the lower right hand corner.
4. Select the “TCP/IP” option in the top navigation bar.
5. Locate your IP address.You should see an IP address that will be a series of numbers and decimal points, similar to this: 10.0.0.1
Find your router’s IP address using a Windows device:
1. Navigate to your Control Panel
2. Click ‘View network status and tasks’. It will be located under the ‘Network & Internet’ header.
3. Click on your WiFi connection. It will be highlighted in blue, on the right hand side of your screen.
4. Click the details option.
5. Locate your router’s IP address. It will be located to the right of ‘Default Gateway’.