How to delete your Spotify Account
If you have left Spotify and don’t want to leave your account dormant, you can delete your account in a matter of minutes. However, you’ll need a browser to do so. It is not possible to delete your Spotify account from the app.
In case you want to delete your Spotify account permanently, you won’t be able to use a student discount for another year. Nor will you be able to use the same username. However, you can create another account with the same email.
Follow these steps to delete your Spotify account:
Deleting Spotify Account
- If you are sure about deleting your account, launch your browser and hover over to the Spotify website.
- Now open the customer support page and click on the account button. Click on the “I want to close my account” button in the next section.
- Click the close account button in the next section. Tap the Close account button again for confirmation.
- You would now be asked to verify your account. After you verify your account details click on continue.
- Click on I understand in the next section then click the continue button.
- Spotify will now send you an email with a link to deactivate your account. Click on this email and tap the close my account button. This email is valid for 24 hours only.
- Once you’ve done all this you will be directed to a page to confirm your account deletion.
That’s all, you are good to go.