How to delete your Facebook Account
For the past one decade, scrolling down Facebook feeds has become a daily ritual for most of us. However, Facebook has already been called out by various law-makers on exploiting user privacy. Many have reported Facebook to be an addiction and recommend getting it out of your life ASAP. In such cases, deleting your Facebook account seems to be the most viable option.
Deleting your Facebook Account: Follow steps ahead
If you need a short break from the social networking site, opt for deactivating your Facebook account. Deactivating allows you to reassess your handles as soon as you feel like being back on the platform. You can do the same by logging in to your facebook account.
However, if you’re sure you no longer wish to continue with Facebook, you can do so by following these simple steps:
- Login to your Facebook and go to the settings page.
- Click on the deactivation and deletion button. Tick the box next to permanently “delete account” and then click continue to account deletion.
- Before you go ahead Facebook will warn you of the consequences of deleting your account. Back up any data you feel is important before you click on the “delete Account” button.
- As the last security check, you’ll be asked to put in your password. Tap the ‘continue’ button after doing so. You will receive a message from Facebook saying the Company will retain your information for 30 days in case you change your mind.
- Click the delete account button to proceed.
That’s it. You’re done!