How to delete your Apple ID
Apple ID is a personal account that gives access to various Apple services. Some of the services offered by Apple ID include iCloud, App Store, iMessage, and FaceTime. In case you want to permanently delete your Apple ID, here’s the bad news – Apple ID cannot be deleted completely. The best option available is to remove all of your personal information, and log out of your Apple ID. Here’s how:
Removing Personal Information From your Apple ID
- Go to appleid.apple.com.
- Select “Manage your Apple ID”.
- Then, you will be required to log in with your Apple ID username and password.
- In the “Edit your Apple ID” menu, click on “Name, ID and Email Addresses”.
- Select “Edit” next to any of the fields and delete the contents. This will remove your personal information.
- To delete more personal information, click on the “Addresses and Phone Numbers” section. Now you will be able to delete your address and phone number.
Logging Out of an Apple ID
As mentioned above, Apple IDs can be used for various services and on many devices. You can log out of an Apple Id using the following methods: –
Log Out of iTunes on a Computer
- Open iTunes.
- Click on the silhouette icon (on the top-right of the window).
- Select Sign Out.
- If you have authorized iTunes with your Apple ID, click Store in the menu bar.
- Select Deauthorize This Computer.
Logging Out from iCloud on a Mac
- Open Systems Preferences application.
- Then, select iCloud.
- Click on Sign Out to disassociate your Apple ID from iCloud on your Mac. This will remove some information such as contacts, reminders, and calendars from your Mac.
Logging Out From iTunes and App Store on an iPhone
- Open Settings.
- Choose iTunes & App Store.
- Select the Apple ID listed at the top of the screen and select Sign Out.
Log Out From iCloud on an iPhone
- Open Settings.
- Select iCloud.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Sign Out.
- Click Sign Out again to confirm.
- Log out of iCloud. This will remove some information such as contacts, reminders, and calendars from your iPhone. Save any important information before logging out.