How to delete an AOL Email Address
To delete your AOL email account, you’ll have to close the entire AOL account. This means that you’ll lose access to all AOL services, including AIM instant messenger. Your emails and address book will be deleted permanently after 90 days, making it difficult for users to recover them.
However, you can reactivate AOL if you log in using your AOL username and password.
- Open the “My Account” page on AOL. Type in your username and password. Then, click on “Sign In” to log in to your account.
- Answer the security question. Click on “Continue” to access the My Account page.
- Click on the “Manage My Subscriptions” link under the Service Options section on the My Account page. Free accounts can be closed from the “My Subscriptions page”.
- To cancel your AOL account, click on the “Cancel” link.
- Using the “Please Select Your Reason” drop-down menu, select a reason for canceling the AOL account.
- Click the “Cancel AOL” button to confirm your action. The account will be deactivated immediately. To abort, click the “Keep My Plan” link.