How to Delete a Venmo Account
Venmo is an incredibly popular payment app, but for some people, it no longer makes sense to use Venmo. Maybe you’ve found a new payment app you prefer, such as PayPal. Whatever you’re reason for deleting your Venmo account is, we’re here to guide you step by step through the process of deleting your Venmo account.
The first thing to know about deleting your Venmo account, is that you can’t do it within the app. This is most likely for security reasons if your phone is lost or stolen. So if you’re ready to delete your Venmo account, you’ll have to do it online.
The second thing to note, is that you need to transfer any remaining funds out of your account. You don’t want any funds to be left in your account before deleting it.
With that said, follow the steps below to delete your Venmo account:
- Go to https://venmo.com/account/sign-in and enter your login credentials. You may be required to authenticate your account through 2 factor authentication as well.
- Click on “Settings” in the upper right hand corner.
- Click “Close my Venmo Account” at the bottom of the screen.
- Review and Download your Statement (optional). Venmo will recommend that you review and download your latest Venmo statement. This is recommended, but not required. If you’re ready, click “Next”.
- You may be reminded one more time to download your most recent statement. If so, click “Next“.
- Click “Close Account”. Important reminder: make sure you’ve transferred any remaining funds out of your Venmo account before clicking “Close Account”. If you don’t have any remaining balance, proceed to “Close Account”.
- Your Venmo Account is deleted!