How to create your resume on Indeed
Indeed is one of most sought after places for potential employees to meet with their future employers. Apart from looking and posting job listings, users can take advantage of other features available on the platform including building a customized resume to attract potential employers.To starting creating your resume, follow the instructions given below:
- Click on the profile icon (on the top-right corner) and then click on “Resume”.
- You’ll be directed to the resume page where you can enter your credentials, education, work experience and other details fit for your resume.
- The first section is personal information. Click on the “Pencil” icon to edit info such as your contact, a summary about yourself, etc.
- Add a heading that is concise, informative and should be able to describe you in one sentence.
- Add a summary to define your skills and experiences. Make it simple and crisp.
- Fill out the rest of the form.
- Add your phone number along with an official work email.
- Tap on “Save”.
- The next section is work experience. To add a job, tap on the “Plus” sign.
- You don’t have to fill out every section. However, that may impact your chance of hiring so why take a risk.
- Use the “Description Field” to mention your achievements, skill sets etc. Remember to proofread your writing.
- Tap “Save”.
- Similarly, you can edit the next sections i.e. Education, Skills, and additional information such as certificates, licenses, etc. Remember to save it.
- There you go. Your resume is ready.