How to Create Polls in Zoom Meetings
Participant feedback polls can be a useful analysis tool for hosts. Zoom allows users to create multiple-choice or single-answer polls. They can also see live results.
However, you have to fill-in some prerequisites before creating polls in Zoom meetings. Firstly, the host needs to be a licensed user. Moreover, polls can only be created for instant meetings where you use your Personal Meeting ID (PMI).
It is recommended to use your PMI only for personal meetings, due to security issues.
Enabling Polls for Zoom Meetings
- Open Zoom on your web browser, sign in. Select “Account Settings” under “Account Management” in the “Admin” group.
- You’ll now be in the “Meeting” tab. Scroll down to the “Polling” option. Toggle the slider to the right. This will enable the polling option.
- Now that Polling is enabled, you can create your own polls.
Creating a Poll
- In the Zoom web portal, select the “Meetings” tab.
- Now, you can schedule a new Zoom meeting, or select an already scheduled one from your meeting list.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and you’ll find a text box saying “You have not created a poll yet.” Select “Add.”
- The “Add A Poll” window will appear. Give a name to your poll and select if you want the answers to be anonymous or not. Anonymous means that you’ll see “Guest” next to the answer instead of the actual user.
- Type in your question (maximum of 255 characters). Choose if you want it to be a single or multiple-choice question. Then, type the available answers (with a limit of up to 10 answers for each question).
- Select the “Add A Question” tab at the bottom of the window to add more questions to your poll. Click on “Save” when you’re done forming the poll.
- You can launch the poll during the Zoom meeting.
Start Your Poll During the Zoom Meeting
- Select “Polls” at the bottom of the screen.
- The “Polls” window will appear. Review the questions and answers, then select “Launch Polling.”
- You’ll be able to see live results. Once everyone has voted, select “End Polling.”
- Now, you can see the results of the poll. You can also share the results with the attendees or relaunch the polling.
- If you’d want to review the results later, select the meeting in the “Previous Meetings” tab. Select “Poll Report” next to the “Report type” option, and generate the report. Now, you can view the results from past meetings.