How to create a public profile on LinkedIn
LinkedIn is one of the most popular professional networking platforms in the world. Many users across the globe have found their dream jobs and perfect partners to start their ventures with on LinkedIn. The platform has a user-friendly interface that allows users to build their LinkedIn profiles in no time. You can create your LinkedIn profile using the mobile app, LinkedIn’s home page, or Facebook. All you need is a valid, working email address. LinkedIn generally offers two types of memberships: Free or Premium.
Read below to find out how you can setup your public profile on LinkedIn:
Creating a public profile on LinkedIn
- Using LinkedIn’s Mobile App
- Download the mobile app from the App or Play store.
- Tap “Join Now”.
- Choose a strong password and click on join now.
- Then, edit your profile, add your career experience, trainings and accomplishments. Don’t forget to add a professional profile picture to attract recruiters on your profile.
- Using the Home Page
- Fill out the Registration Form on the Home Page.
- Use your first and last name, valid email address, and a strong password to complete your basic details.
- Using Facebook
- Surf LinkedIn’s sign up page and tap “Continue with Facebook”.
- Review the permissions required and tap “Okay”.
- Create a strong password and click on “Continue”.
Creating a Professional Profile
- After registering yourself, fill in the profile form.
- Click on “Create my Profile”.
- Add your email address and tap Continue.
- LinkedIn advises you to ‘use the app’ with a pop-up. However, you may ignore it and skip the option.
- Select your membership type i.e. Premium or Basic.
Creating Full Profile
You can customize your profile by adding your photo, educational qualifications, etc.