How to Create a Group Email in Gmail
There are a number of reasons you might want to create an email group in your Gmail account. Let’s say you have a group of 10 co-workers within your department that you email quite frequently as a group. Rather than adding each one of their email addresses to each email you send them, it would be helpful to just type in the name of the group of people.
That’s exactly what creating a group can do for you in Gmail. Every time you want to send an email to that specific group, you can simply type in the group’s name.
Here’s how to setup a group email in gmail:
- Go to contacts.google.com
- Click on “Contacts” in the left hand menu
- If the members of your group are not in your contacts, you’ll have to add them first. To add contacts, click “Create Contact” and fill in the contacts information.
- If you have all of your contacts for the group listed, check the boxes on the left hand side of each contact in the group.
- Click on the label button, and from the dropdown click “Create Label”.
- Enter the name of your group, and click “Save”.
- Now that you’ve created a group, it’s time to use it. Login to your Gmail account and click “Compose”.
- Click on the “To” bar, and enter the name of your group – it should pop up.
- You’re done! Now you can send an email any time to your group.