How to clear the history on your iPhone
With internet privacy becoming a bigger and bigger issue for most people, a lot of people wonder what they can do about it. One of the easiest and most overlooked ways to improve your privacy is to clear the history on your iPhone. There are two primary browsers that people use on the iPhone; Safari and Chrome. Follow the instructions below to clear the history for the browser you’re currently using:
Clear the Safari History
1. Open the settings app
2. Scroll down until you’re able to find ‘Safari’ and tap on it.
3. Tap the ‘Clear History and Website Data’ button. It will appear near the bottom of the screen.
4. Select ‘Clear History and Data’ when you are prompted to confirm your decision.
Clear the Chrome History
1. Open the Chrome app
2. Tap the menu button. It’s located in the lower right hand corner of your screen.
3. Select History
4. Select ‘Clear Browsing History’
5. Select the time range you’d like to clear. It will be located in the upper right hand corner of your screen. If you’d like to clear everything, select ‘All Time’.
6. Select data you’d like to clear. Go back, and select which sources of information you’d like to clear by tapping on each row. For example, if you’d only like to clear your browsing history, select the first row labeled ‘Browsing History’.
7. Tap ‘Clear browsing data’ It will be located at the bottom of your screen.