How to Clear the Cache on your iPhone
One of the largest culprits of a slow iPhone is your browser, and nothing has a bigger impact on your browsers performance than cached data. Cached data is essentially all of the data that is stored on your browser, and all of that data can add up and take up space.
Here’s are the steps to clear your iPhones cache on Safari or Chrome:
Clear the Safari History
1. Open the settings app
2. Scroll down until you’re able to find ‘Safari’ and tap on it.
3. Tap the ‘Clear History and Website Data’ button. It will appear near the bottom of the screen.
4. Select ‘Clear History and Data’ when you are prompted to confirm your decision.
Clear the Chrome History
1. Open the Chrome app
2. Tap the menu button. It’s located in the lower right hand corner of your screen.
3. Select History
4. Select ‘Clear Browsing History’
5. Select the time range you’d like to clear. It will be located in the upper right hand corner of your screen. If you’d like to clear everything, select ‘All Time’.
6. Select ‘Cached images and files’, then select ‘Clear data’.
7. Tap ‘Clear Browsing Data’ It will popup at the bottom of your screen.